Localization (LQA) Test Lead
17 days ago
At Bungie, we take pride in how Test helps deliver amazing experiences to our players. We accomplish this by fostering a collaborative but critical environment where QA has an equal seat at the table alongside all of the other development disciplines.
As a Localization Test Lead, you will coordinate and execute your area's coverage by collaborating with cross-discipline peers and external partners throughout all phases of development. Your role is to shine a bright light on risks at the earliest possible moment and then highlight potential healthy paths forward, weighing the tradeoffs and costs of your options. You will craft an in-depth understanding of our engine, tools, features, and production pipeline to create effective test strategies and mitigation plans that will improve the value delivered to our players and keep our teams lean, flexible, and healthy.
Test Leads are responsible for their holistic areas and must be able to craft and apply a unified approach to their area's features and content, as well as evolve that approach over time. You will lead the conversation with our content creators on how to mitigate risks and deliver the most value to your players by crafting robust future-facing strategies for consistently and sustainably delivering your area's content. Test Lead roles frequently include management and/or leadership of additional Test collaborators to ensure proper coverage for an area's combined work. Bungie’s Test Leads will often be expertise-driven individual contributors in their areas and lead from the front of the battle as they dive into area coverage and test pass execution.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA, IL, NC, TX, and WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Own collaboration, planning, and execution of the test plan for localization quality.
- Collaboratively define, lead, and support a healthy international player experience.
- Collaborate with Localization Quality Assurance (LQA) leadership to build strategy for LQA efforts spanning multiple concurrent Destiny projects
- Maintain an external team of 10+ LQA professionals at a remote partner studio
- Define and own the triage process for development and marketing content issues
- Identify and maintain game builds and environments to facilitate testing.
- Internal test/pass generation and external test/pass validation
- Bug reporting, regression, and fix validation
- Training, onboarding, and personnel issues
- Organize familiarization-, quality-, and experience-oriented playtests
- Work with senior Test leadership to define expectations for external roles (test lead, release ops, senior tester, junior tester)
- Interaction with development especially as it relates to integration points (meetings, chats, planning, etc.), scope assessment, risk, and localization best practices
- Prioritization of content and releases over the course of project life cycles
- Crafting metrics and reports to keep internal stakeholders apprised of external test team progress
- Manage partner relationship at an operational level (team morale, engagement, etc.)
- Execute general finance tasks for the LQA area (e.g. Work Order issuance, invoice verification, etc.)
- Define and drive process and pipeline improvements to various localization workflows supporting the Destiny franchise
- Inform and validate LQA specific technical requirements within engineering and workflow and systems support teams
- Navigate and drive resolution of conflicting needs between team, project, customers, and vendors
- Aid in establishing best practices that reinforce health across multiple disciplines (Narrative Design, Voice-overs, Cinematics, Marketing, etc.)
- Generate risk profiles and propose mitigations for all Destiny 2 releases and major marketing campaigns
- Leverage historicals to generate data-informed reports and proposals
- Solid familiarity of the video game industry and general localization standards
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple development and publishing teams
- Experience with outsourcing and external vendor/partner interactions
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills
- Sensitive to working with non-native speakers of English
- Exemplar of diplomacy and tact in communication and conduct, even in stressful situations
- Experience testing concurrent projects in a fast-paced, highly iterative dev environment
- Experience mentoring and training in a game test environment
- Adept with bug tracking tools (e.g. JIRA, TFS, etc.)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Speaker of a second language
- Working knowledge of scripting and automation