Localization Editor II - Russian
8 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Localization Editor II - Russian
Job Summary: The localization editor is a core member of the Editing team. This position works closely with fellow editors, translators, project coordinators, and members of various departments on all editorial facets of Pokémon products. This includes maintaining factual accuracy, brand accuracy, and impeccable grammatical standards for the Pokémon Trading Card Game, animated series, movies, official website, apps such as Pokémon GO, and other materials in the localization editor’s language of expertise. This requires high-level knowledge of the grammar and vocabulary of the language of expertise, including slang, phraseology, and other nuances.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Translate, edit, and localize a variety of company-wide materials, such as trading cards, animation scripts, apps, brand- and product-related text, press releases and other marketing materials, and more.
- Edit for grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and slang.
- Ensure consistency in style and terminology.
- Adapt text information to suit the needs of various audiences.
- Review, revise, and proofread soft and hard copy.
- Collaborate with fellow editors, along with various other department members, such as translators, designers, and project coordinators.
- Report regularly on project status and progress to the Manager, Localization Editing.
What you’ll bring
- Two (2) to four (4) years of professional experience in the localization field, or equivalent, including publishing under regular deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study, or equivalent years of work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to translate, edit, revise, or rewrite text-based content in language of expertise.
- Must be detail oriented, with proven experience in handling multiple simultaneous projects.
- Must be a team player with exceptional communication skills.
- Native-speaker level in language of expertise and fluency in English are required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite—Word and Excel in particular—is essential.
- Ability to learn how to use specialized technical programs quickly.
- Pokémon brand knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of SDL Trados is a plus.
- Experience in the gaming industry is a plus.
- All applicants must provide a cover letter (approximately 250 words in Russian) along with their resume.
- All selected applicants must complete an aptitude test to measure their skills.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems, and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The work takes place onsite in a low-wall cubicle office setting in Bellevue with a hybrid work from office and home schedule.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Profile: Editor (IC2)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.