Localization Analyst | English- Japanese (Fixed-term)
12 days ago
Wildlife is looking for a hardworking and passionate Localization Analyst to join our team. Our Localization Team is based in Dublin and has a focus on delivering exceptional translations, regionalization, and culturalization. We believe that well-localized products help us achieve our mission of creating engaging and memorable moments for our players every single day. We strive to help our communities of players enjoy the games they love to play, in their preferred language.
About the Role
This role will be responsible for helping expand Wildlife's localization efforts. We want to improve the quality and speed of localization for our products and all supporting services. This role will be instrumental in achieving these goals. This role will present an opportunity to have an impact on our products and all of the players who love engaging with those products. Be a part of our growing localization team and deliver content that our players will enjoy for generations.
More about you
- You care about others, and you live that ideal every day. We set a high standard for ourselves, especially when it comes to creating wonderful experiences for players all over the world.
- You pay attention to details. This work is exceptionally detailed and nuanced. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to maintain a strong focus on the tasks at hand and look for opportunities to add and improve processes where it may be lacking.
- You thrive on finding ways to improve how we operate. As we are growing, and challenging ourselves to be the best in our industry, we need you to contribute beyond just doing your standard work. We will ask you to find problems and more importantly, come up with solutions so as a group, we can all do better.
- You are highly accountable. Accountability is a cornerstone of our success. We take ownership of issues and challenges and drive towards resolution. Your accountability should go beyond handling your daily tasks, it is a mindset and a quality that you have worked to shape over time so you are reliable and trustworthy (to yourself, your colleagues, and your customers).
What you’ll do
- Work in a challenging and fun environment to produce exceptional results.
- Translate text to be used in-game, in-store, within community messages, for FAQs, canned responses, and any other customer-facing texts deemed applicable.
- Verify linguistic accuracy in your specialized language(s) (including grammatical, typographical, and punctuation quality).
- Work with Game Packaging to localize and optimize App Store / Play Store content.
- Respond to players through social media and other contact channels as needed in assigned language(s).
- Work with the Community to post updated news and localize a variety of engagement content.
- Gain a deep understanding of the assigned product(s) through gameplay to ensure proper context for delivering creative and meaningful translations when an easy answer isn't available.
What you’ll need
- A strong understanding of local market cultural sensitivities and nuances for assigned region(s).
- Ability to write in a professional manner, ensuring incredible accuracy of spelling, writing, and grammar in assigned language(s).
- Ability to write creatively when a clear and direct translation is not available.
- Strong english language skills are required.
- Outstanding attention to detail is required.
- A thirst for knowledge and the desire to constantly learn, improve, and expand perspective.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment where change is not only expected, but seen as an opportunity for positive improvement and innovation.
- Experience working with confidential personal and business information.
- A passion for games (especially mobile) is a plus!
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.