Localisation Quality Control Coordinator - Italy, Spain, Ireland
Cinisello Balsamo Metropolitan City of Milan Italy
22 days ago
Established in 1998 and working in over 60 languages, the Keywords Group is a fast growing plc., listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market.
Keywords is an international service provider to the global Video Game Industry with offices in Dublin, Tokyo, Singapore, Shanghai, Beijing, Montreal, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, Milan, Rio de Janeiro, New Delhi and more. Working on a worldwide basis, we provide a range of linguistic, testing, quality control and customer support services to Video Game Developers and Publishers alike.
This is a temporary position (maternity coverage) lasting 12 months and starting on January the 4th, 2021. The role can be based in Dublin, Barcelona, Rome or Milan, with shifted working hours to include PDT/EDT zone coverage. Reporting to the Localisation Quality Control Supervisor, this position provides quality monitoring support to localisation teams across multiple Keywords sites, in regards to external resource performance and client feedback.
The Localisation Quality Control Coordinator will also be a proactive member of the Localisation Resource Management team, contributing with their expertise on Quality Control tools and processes, to deliver an efficient resource management service to internal staff, external resources and clients, both locally and globally as needed.
Detailed responsibilities are:
- Validating quality reports and supporting the PMs in sharing evaluation results to external resources.
- Champion the quality process, by ensuring that all workflows and processes are adequately followed and cater for exceptions where necessary.
- In cooperation with other stakeholders, implementing and further developing agreed external resource quality standards, procedures and tools across multiple Keywords studios to increase efficiency, by:
- Gathering internal and external user feedback and queries.
- Resolving issues to ensure adequate and effective use by both internal and external users.
- Training external QAers and internal staff on tool use and quality processes.
- Analyzing quality reports to provide RM teams with feedback on external resource performance.
- Support technical development related to quality processes and assist stakeholders in removing roadblocks to completing reports.
- Supporting PM and RM teams in anticipating and dealing with any linguistic quality-related issues.
- Strong multicultural team approach.
- Mediation/negotiation skills in working with people from different countries and cultures.
- Ability to multitask and quickly adapt to change.
- High level of commitment and motivation is essential.
- 2+ years of experience at a localisation linguist level.
- Higher education in translation related studies, or equivalent experience.
- Fluent English plus at least 1 additional language.
- Knowledge of localisation QC processes desirable.
- Previous experience in working with remote management and remote teams highly desirable.