This job might no longer be available.
Localisation Project Manager
23 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar London is on the lookout for a talented Localisation Project Manager who possess a passion for project management and video game localisation. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of London.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Localisation Team provide high quality localisation on all Rockstar products and services.
- Work closely with all internal teams including development, marketing, design, localisation QA and our territory offices across the world to ensure the highest quality localisations for our games. Plus, advising on localisation best practises and offering localisation solutions to problems.
- We work very closely with external localisation teams (project management, scheduling, terminology management, reviews, regular meetings etc).
- We manage the packaging localisation from initial setup, internal approvals, first party approvals, reviewing proofs all the way through to sending the packaging to print.
- Manage the age process for our games, this includes reviewing game content that is in development all the way through to the submissions to each rating board across the world.
- Managing the localisation of multiple titles/projects (in game and marketing assets) ensuring everything is localised to the highest possible standard and that release dates/deadlines are met.
- Working closely with all internal teams including development, marketing, design, localisation QA and our territory offices across the world to ensure the highest quality localisations for our games. Provide localisation support and solutions to all internal teams where needed.
- Nurture and build close relationships with LSP’s and other external service providers.
- Localisation scheduling / planning.
- Use memoQ to help manage the localisation process.
- Managing the packaging localisation and approvals process. This includes internal sign off and submissions to the relevant first parties.
- Managing the localisation costs throughout the life of a project.
- Previous experience in localisation project management (ideally video games or within the Entertainment industry).
- Excellent working knowledge of CAT tools, especially memoQ.
- Good IT skills and good knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
- Highly organised, have the ability to solve problems, detail oriented and be able to work under their own initiative.
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels whether it is via email, conference call or in person.
- Highly self-motivated and excellent teamwork skills.
- Experience working closely with multiple teams in various departments.
- The ability to work well under pressure and adhere to strict guidelines when necessary.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- A passion for video games / Rockstar Games.
- Fluency in any of the following languages would be a plus (French, German, Spanish, Mex Spanish, Italian, Russian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, Traditional/Simplified Chinese).
- Degree in a project management or related field.
- Experience in 1st Party packaging templates, localisation and submission.
- Good knowledge of game localisation and internationalisation.
- Strong knowledge base in the world of entertainment: technology, music, film etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.