11 days ago
Localisation Producer, London
Who we are:
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. We are proud to publish and support many of today’s most critically acclaimed gaming franchises, including NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Borderlands, BioShock, XCOM and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
Primarily to support and manage the localisation of upcoming game titles in development into multiple languages, including voice over and in-game text. Working with production, localisation, quality assurance and development teams around the globe, all candidates will need to be self-motivated, highly organised and possess strong communication, scheduling and relationship building skills. The role requires managing multiple projects and will also include additional publishing needs for International territories.
The International Localisation Producer is the main European contact responsible for ensuring that projects are localised to the highest quality, on time and on budget as well as supporting the lead production teams.
- Work closely with allocated development and publishing teams to manage the localisation process for assigned projects from end-to-end.
- To directly manage internal and external localisation teams on allocated titles to ensure that all localisation assets are scheduled, delivered on time and on budget.
- Champion International versions of titles to ensure relevant focus within studios to ensure simultaneous release dates.
- To ensure International requirements are known by all development teams when projects are started.
- Schedule and track relevant game development from an International perspective, proactively identifying potential problems and seeking solutions.
- Identify and communicate project risks and instigate contingency plans.
- Work closely with QA departments to achieve timely submissions at the required quality levels to gain approval.
- To have a close relationship with First parties where relevant and to remain current with all First party developments.
- To work closely with marketing/PR to ensure that opportunities for the titles are maximised, including the requirement to demo the product when necessary and provide support for events if required.
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be required.
- To assist the global publishing teams with quality control and milestone reviews where relevant.
- Review product packaging and printed materials to ensure accuracy and consistency.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Strong knowledge and experience of the Localisation process.
- 2+ years of experience in internal or external game development or publishing.
- Proven track record in project localisation management.
- Experience with AAA products preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills.
- Experience building and managing relationships with Localisation vendors and other external resources.
- Experience managing, mitigating and resolving risks.
- Understanding of various production processes and methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with HTML, JSON, XML and/or XLIFF file formats.
- Experience with bug tracking software.
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner with all co-workers on all levels of the organization.
- Must display resourcefulness, enthusiasm, and self-motivation.
- Quick learner, able to pick up new tools and learn new processes quickly while pro-actively seeking out training as needed.
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities, as assigned by senior management.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Adept at building relationships throughout the organization.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to self-prioritize effectively, to ensure key items are delivered to meet immediate project needs.
- Must be able to effectively communicate risks and obstacles to project owners, as well as to upper management.
- Strong industry understanding and knowledge.
- CAT tool experience a plus
- Knowledge of XLOC is a plus
- Knowledge of one or more foreign languages is a plus
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture . We pride ourselves as being one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth : As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees’ bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, our onsite Gym, company parties, our Office bar, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits . Benefits include, but are not limited to Private healthcare with Bupa, Private dental with Bupa, A double matching pension policy where the employer will double match up to a 4% contribution from the employee, Employee stock purchase scheme with a 15% discount, Eye tests and vouchers towards glasses, Cycle to work scheme, Flu vouchers, Annual health checks with Bupa, 4X death in service insurance, Income protection (60% salary), 25 days holiday, + other great perks and great office facilities!
- Perks . Gym reimbursement up to £50 per month, an onsite Gym, an Office bar, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries, a dog friendly workplace and the ability to earn £350+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, 2K Marin, 2K Czech, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K’s stable of high-quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise. 2K is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2k.com
2K is an equal opportunities employer and as such will endeavor to provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process where required. We invite candidates to notify us should they wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.