20 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Localisation Manager
We are looking for an experienced and talented Localisation Manager to join our award-winning International Production & Localisation team at PlayStation Studios.
Our Localisation Team works with some of the most creative and quality-driven development teams in the industry to deliver best in class audio and text localisations for critically acclaimed franchises like Horizon, The Last of Us, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, Dreams.
We also work closely with Sony Interactive Entertainment’s publishing teams (Marketing, PR, Editorial, Operations) and local territories to deliver high quality localisation for digital content and printed materials globally.
In this role, you will be responsible for the strategy of PlayStation content localisation across digital channels and printed materials and lead a diverse and dynamic team of Project Managers to deliver excellence in all aspects of the service provision.
Reporting into the Director, International Production & Localisation, you will play an integral part in identifying opportunities to drive quality and innovation, increase operational efficiency and evolve our service offering.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead a team of Localisation Project Managers, ensuring they deliver top quality services in line with business and customer expectations, and achieve both personal and departmental growth.
- Drive team performance and develop strategy to improve efficiency without compromising quality.
- Develop innovative translation solutions and make effective use of tools and technology to optimise current workflows and processes, automate tasks, and improve both localisation quality and speed of delivery.
- Work with SIE’s Publishing teams, local territories, copywriters, engineering and external vendors to streamline the global content localisation pipeline for print and digital.
- Identify gaps, dependencies or inefficiencies in workflows and tooling, and work with relevant stakeholders to implement solutions to remedy.
- Establish high quality localisation standards and evangelise best practices with cross-functional partners.
- Help define roadmap to advance translation technology capabilities and support long term goals.
- Define key metrics to measure localisation quality and impact, and use data to derive insights and drive improvements and efficiencies.
What we're looking for:
- You have 7+ years’ experience in a translation or localisation role, ideally in the games or digital entertainment industry. Experience in leading a high performing team essential.
- You have excellent hands-on knowledge of CAT tools and content management systems.
- You are passionate about translation technologies with a particular interest in ML/AI solutions. Working experience of MT and post-editing a distinct advantage.
- You have excellent knowledge of project management methodologies and processes.
- You have a solid understanding of localisation best practices, and a deep appreciation of cultural nuances and sensitivities.
- You are an exceptional collaborator with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You are curious and creative, with a solutions-focused and data-driven mindset.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and love new and interesting challenges.
- You are fluent in more than one language.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.