Local IT Technician [Operations]
16 days ago
As a Local IT Technician at Massive you'll be part of a team that support workstations, servers, and other IT systems for more than 750 game developers and support staff. The team's role is to ensure all computers and systems are running smoothly and that any incidents are taken care of in a timely manner. Incidents can range from simple services such as enabling desktop workstations and supplying mobile phones, to more complex services like installing servers and provisioning compute capacity (servers/virtual machines).
Your goal is to build and maintain updated and efficient computer systems and networks to pave the way for our game-devs to make some of the best games on the planet!
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you'll do
- Providing the highest standard of client support (IRL, chat, mail and the service desk system).
- Handling all levels of technical support (1st and 2nd line) in a professional and timely manner.
- Continuously helping to improve existing IT tools and processes.
- Specializing in at least one area (e.g. license purchases or responsible for streaming equipment).
- Setting up workstations with computers and necessary devices.
- Performing troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.).
- Checking computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality.
- Installing and configuring appropriate software and functions according to specifications.
- Developing and maintaining local networks in ways that optimize performance.
- Ensuring security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- Maintaining records/logs (tickets) of repairs, fixes, and the maintenance schedule.
What you'll bring
We believe that you are in the beginning of your career as an IT technician ready to learn and grow your knowledge with us and within the area of computer software/hardware, internet applications, networks, and different operating systems. You are customer-oriented and a problem-solver with an interest of helping others in your daily work. As our company language is English, you need to be proficient both verbally and in written and enjoy communicating with others to thrive in this position.
We’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, other relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong interest in IT and a good understanding of diverse computer systems and networks.
- Basic knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- Fluent in English, verbally & in written.
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.