This job might no longer be available.
LiveOps Game Programmer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
3 months ago
As one of Canada's Top Technology Workplaces, Certified Great Place to Work and most recently Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Hothead Games is seeking a LiveOps Game Programmer to join our LiveOps team! If you are a talented coder who is passionate about building world-class mobile gameplay for an audience of millions, we want to hear from you. We offer a chance to work in a dynamic, collaborative and energized environment, contributing not only with your programming skills but also in every area of the game.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with the Tech Lead, designers and animators to develop gameplay, animation and AI systems for iOS and Android using C++, Python and/or Unity.
- Write robust, highly functional and maintainable code
- Support and contribute new ideas to game design
- Understand the game’s guiding vision and technical foundation
What You'll Bring:
- Experience in gameplay programming and related areas like AI and animation
- Exceptional knowledge of C++, or C#, Python
- Solid understanding of core principles of computer science and superb mathematics skills
- Ability to get up to speed quickly with existing code
- High sense of quality and polish
- Passion for game development
- Self-directed and able to perform effectively both autonomously and in a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with iOS and/or Android development
- First Person Shooter gameplay experience
- Understanding of the Free to Play model
- Passion for FPS games
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. Compensation includes competitive salary and vacation, MSP and Extended Health coverage. Other cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learn's, beer Friday's, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all - amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.