Live Services Manager
10 days ago
ZeniMax Online Studios is looking for a Live Services Manager to join our Live Services team. As a Live Services Manager, you have in-depth experience launching and supporting online products with a focus on delivering high quality service to a large population. The Live Services Manager provides direction to the community, support and feature teams based on the production schedule. You will also work with business leadership to coordinate and deploy Marketing, PR, Legal and other departmental efforts tied to your product. Excellent candidates will be comfortable preparing and managing complicated maintenances and incidents, particularly emphasizing overall organizational success by reducing downtime while minimizing risk to the business.
- Prepare and manage maintenances for all game realms and associated services in the production environment
- Assist in identification and resolution of production incidents, including player and stakeholder communication
- Gain knowledge of the game and services tech stacks in order to assist in troubleshooting and triage of issues
- Negotiate and coordinate resources for scheduled and emergent production activities
- Manage handoffs between your team and teams that are up and downstream
- Collect, distribute, and pursue completion of continuous improvement items
- Prioritize open issues based on quantifiable business justification
- Record and analyze downtime for maintenances and incidents
You are the type of person who is calm in the face of adversity. You are quick to analyze information and provide a direction or conclusion based on the information you have. You have many examples of how something went in an unexpected direction, and your teams succeeded against all odds.
You are dedicated to the team delivering. You own whatever activity for which you volunteer. As a result, you are willing to work in an on-call environment to insure the success of the initiative. When facing a blocker, you came up with resourceful ways to attain your objectives.
You are driven by overall success and love of learning. Your tendency is to be self-reflective and contemplative, desiring to improve from what you learn throughout the process.
- 2+ years in a position where you directly managed deployments of live services
- 2+ years in a position where your problem-solving skills contributed to the resolution of production incidents
- Working knowledge of the following systems/technologies:
- Linux (CentOS/RHEL/Debian/Ubuntu)
- Monitoring and trending systems (Nagios, Cacti, Graphite, Grafana, etc.)
- Cloud technologies (AWS)
- Container orchestration and operations (Kubernetes, Dockers, kops)
- Databases (MySQL, MariaDB)
- Load balancers (F5, HAProxy)
- Prior experience in a 24/7 on call rotation supporting business critical applications or systems is preferable
- Game industry experience is desirable, but not required
Applicant Privacy Notice
CCPA Applicant Privacy Notice