Live QA Technician
12 days agoCreative Assembly are looking for an experienced QA Technician to join our Live QA team based at out studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this exciting role, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting game/DLC launches across a range of titles that are currently in development as well as our back catalogue. You will have the opportunity to work alongside multiple teams including Development and Community to actively find, reproduce and log issues raised by our player base.
You will be key in supporting launches of our titles as well as DLC’s. You will respond to our player base on issues they have raised and liaise with internal teams so that the bugs are dealt with in the appropriate manner.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Find and report defects reported by the community, reproduce bugs
- Support game launches and relay feedback to key stakeholders across multiple departments
- Thoroughly monitor social media spaces and forums to locate issues and judge traction and priority
- Interact with our community and reply to them on forums
- Proficient time management and organisational skills, able to prioritise accordingly
- Customer Service experience or relevant experience showcasing the ability to understand and empathise with players
- Previous QA experience
- A familiarity of Microsoft Office suite of software
- Ability to follow set process and utilise a methodical approach when investigating issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of a variety of PC video games
- A passion for video games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing them
Please note, we cannot sponsor a VISA for this position so applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
- Experience playing a variety of Total War titles
- Experience of community forums/social media interactions
- Knowledge of the development process and the various disciplines involved
- Experience using bug and task tracking software such as JIRA
- Some knowledge of PC hardware and software
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19. Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*