This job might no longer be available.
Live Ops Technical Designer (Apex Legends)
6 months ago
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
We're looking for an experienced Live Technical Designer who will embrace our philosophy and share their hard-earned expertise to create an incredible experience for our players.
What you’ll do..
- Work with our player base, solving problems, diagnosing the root cause of tricky issues our players experience, and implementing solutions.
- Communicate directly with players, advocating for changes and fixes on their behalf, helping tune our matchmaking systems to maximize engagement and that feeling of “just one more game”
- Work on small teams and have ownership of your work.
- Craft every detail with purpose to enhance the gaming experience.
- Work with other designers and disciplines such as code, vfx, and art.
As a Live Ops Technical Designer, You will have:
- Empathy for the Players -nurture and develop the relationship between our players and the dev team
- Strong Problem Solving Skills - share stories diagnosing tricky bugs and issues from incomplete data, steps to solve the problems and the systems put in place to make sure that the same problem would never trouble players again
- Design Experience and Insight - what worked well, what you would change in hindsight, and what you learned
- Openness to team members’ ideas, incorporating suggestions to tailor your work towards what’s best for the game
Whether it’s professional or personal work, we’d like to see examples in your portfolio that you developed from concept to finish. Showcase your strong game design skills:
- Creative usage of constraints
- Technical skills
Ideally, you also will have...
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- 3+ years professional experience as a designer for games, as a scripter or systems designer in a live-service game.
- Fluency in one or more scripting or programming languages.
- Experience in communicating to players in an official capacity.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- A cool head and the ability to work under time pressure and limited resources.
- Deep player expertise in one or more game genres.