Live Ops Specialist
Big Viking Games
7 days ago
A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both Toronto and London Ontario, we are focused on making our mark by building awesome free-to-play mobile and social games. Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. We believe that by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
Big Viking Games is on the hunt for someone to join our team as our new Live Ops Specialist in our London Studio. This person will be primarily responsible for managing digital content in our online games, including creation, configuration, marketing and promotion. Our ideal candidate is a fast learner with an excellent pace of productivity, has an eye for details, a knack for numbers, and is great with people. This position is offered at our London, ON studio.
What You Will Do:
- Drive the creative vision of thematic releases for our player communities in YoWorld and FishWorld; some examples are Parisian Springs, Medieval and Spooky Halloween
- Facilitate the planning and communication of special events and contests for players
- Creating in-game promotional advertisements and scheduling promotional launches
- Analyze and understand what themes and sales work for our player communities
- Maintain, update and analyze our online store, reviewing and reporting historical trends, sales data and user feedback
- Create bundles of items for targeted customers and price them appropriately
- Work alongside the Product Manager, Producers and team members to drive sales
- Stay up-to-date with social and mobile games trends and best practices
- Represent our players: Be Their Voice in the company!
- Work closely with Customer Support Representatives to ensure all customer requests are being addressed with a high level of customer satisfaction
- Working alongside the QA team to help squash player-reported bugs
- Gather and analyze data for community issues and events
- Post secondary education or relevant work experience
- 2 or more years experience in live game ops
- Ability to consistently create exciting new ideas and themes for our player content
- Ability to imagine and create in-game events for our players
- Comfortable with numbers to figure out what works best for our players
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, along with the ability to deliver information in an empathetic manner (Strong Documentation Skills required)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with a mastery in multi-tasking
- Passion for gaming (Experience in online gaming environment preferred)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Flash, Illustrator, Photoshop) preferred
- Previous experience in tech support and/or troubleshooting preferred
- Experience with Confluence and Jira
- Competitive salaries, Employee Stock Option plan, & GRSP matching program.
- Comprehensive benefit package, including generous time off policies
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily catered lunch.
- Free in-studio registered massage therapy. Viking muscles need love too.
Become a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! We want to hear from you! Submit your application today!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.