This job might no longer be available.
Live Ops Specialist (Fixed Term Contract)
13 days ago
Job Title:Live Ops Specialist (Fixed Term Contract)
Job Title : Live Operations Specialist
Reporting To: Product Manager, Live Operations
Department : Product Team, Mobile
Location: Santa Monica, CA or remote
Welcome to Activision Mobile. We’re a new in-house studio, dedicated to developing the best AAA mobile games in the world. Our first project is the AAA mobile hit Call of Duty: Mobile, which generated over $1 billion in consumer spending in 2021. We are looking for great talent from mobile, console, and PC backgrounds who are passionate about their work and share our belief in what AAA experiences on mobile can and should be. We’re incredibly excited to build out our teams and get to work, and invite you to join us in making something special.
As a Live Ops Specialist on our mobile team, you will manage the day-to-day operations that help drive the performance of Call of Duty: Mobile. You will own the design, configuration, and execution of in-game events, sales, and offers. You will work closely with product managers, producers, marketers, analysts, researchers, our content team, and our developer partners at Tencent, to drive deeper engagement and growth. We are looking for individuals who are comfortable running live operations in a fast-paced environment.
- Design a strategy and execute events to drive engagement and monetization
- Configure events, and test and validate they are configured correctly
- Monitor launch of events and content, ensuring players get the correct experience
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Analysts to evaluate the performance of events, sales, features, A/B tests, and use learnings to optimize future occurrences
- Strategize and test various hypotheses around events to improve retention, monetization, and engagement
- Improve our processes and tools to ensure we are using our time and resources in the most efficient way possible
- 3+ years experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive and collaborative approach, able to work effectively within a team, and give and receive constructive feedback
- Self-motivated, able to prioritize time and work effectively
- Able to understand players to help create successful events
- Able to brainstorm creative campaigns to make meaningful experiences for our players
- Experience improving processes
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for games, especially mobile and first-person shooters!
We’re headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they’ll tell you, it’s the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn’t come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee’s brilliance. So if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s the people.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world’s biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe. Activision Blizzard is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. A member of the S&P 500 and recognized on the 2018 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world with approximately 10,000 employees and players in 196 countries.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.