Live Ops Producer
5 days ago
Who We Are
Sitting at the intersection of social networking and gaming, we empower creativity and connection in a digital world. Our mission is to build deep, rich virtual worlds where everyone belongs.
We have been working towards this mission for a decade. We are the creators of Highrise
, the first virtual world on mobile, which has seen extraordinary growth over the last few years and now boasts over 20 million users across iOS
. Every day, the citizens of Highrise come together to hangout, explore, create, collect, and trade in our metaverse, and we are on the precipice of making history once again with our expansion into Highrise World
To build creative worlds where you belong.
About This Role
You will be working on the Live Ops team, reporting to Anton Bernstein, CEO and Co-founder. (Please note that if you reach out to Anton, he may not reply due to the volume of messages received.)
We are looking for a Producer to join us at Highrise to manage our live operations. Our live operations team oversees all content releases in the Highrise world. This is a fast-paced, always-on team that schedules weekly events and daily content releases. The team is responsible for ideating, implementing, and analyzing content releases in Highrise. The Live Operations team interacts closely with the Product, Art, and Marketing teams.
To really shine in this role, you should love the process of playing and making games. You should also love working with others — either leading or contributing towards new events in Highrise. This role is instrumental to our success, and we are excited to find the right person.
The mission for this role is to take ownership of the planning and execution of our live operations. You will have the vision to understand and anticipate project concerns, schedule risks, and process issues, while empowering the team to deliver an outstanding experience of high quality, on budget, and on time.
Key Indicators of Success
- The Highrise community is highly engaged and excited about the content that we regularly release in Highrise.
- Our Live Operations team is operating efficiently, scheduling weekly and daily content well ahead of schedule.
- We are able to quickly pivot or introduce new ideas. This will enable us to launch content that’s on-trend and exciting to the Highrise community.
What You Will Do
- Program Management: You will develop, track and report on the short-term and long-term deliverables of the live ops team.
- You will define priorities and tasks, assign them, and follow up on them to completion.
- Working with product leadership, you will ensure clarity of the team's goals, and work with the team to set backlog priorities.
- This includes transparent progress, status, and risk reporting, as well as quantitative production delivery metrics.
- Strategy: Identify gaps in our current strategy and oversee projects that collectively improve Highrise’s operations.
- You will build strong business relationships with product leadership, dev teams, the art team, and players.
- You will ensure high-quality releases, working with engineering, product leadership, and art.
What You Can Expect in the First 90 Days
- 30 Days: In the first 30 days, you’ll learn about our Live Ops process by getting to know other members of your team, our Art managers, and our Marketing manager. You’ll join our daily huddles and weekly planning sessions. You’ll get familiar with our task management and documentation tools.
- 60 Days: In the first 60 days, you’ll start leading daily huddles and weekly planning sessions. You’ll get a good grasp of our analytics and you’ll learn how to analyze the effectiveness of our campaigns. You’ll start contributing to the planning of campaigns.
- 90 Days: In the first 90 days, you’ll take over the planning and coordination of campaigns in Highrise. You’ll deeply understand our processes and systems, and be able to follow up with relevant people in the organization to get campaigns launched. You’ll be fully responsible for ideating, implementing, and analyzing content releases in Highrise.
Who You Are
- You are an expert at keeping everyone in sync with plans, and changes to the plans as they happen.
- You have experience as a Producer with full production cycle experience from concept creation to launch and live operations.
- You are experienced in a variety of development methodologies such as Agile, as well as team management, long and short-term project scheduling, and execution.
- You have knowledge of game industry-standard software tools, design documents, and production processes/best practices (budgets, game concept and prototyping creation, project management, and bug reports).
- You are effective at driving order out of uncertainty and have excellent prioritization and decision-making skills.
- You are an excellent meeting facilitator and foster team collaboration.
- You have strong mediation and problem-solving skills.
- 3+ years of experience running and delivering products/services in a live environment.
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to focus on priorities, manage change and deliver against agreed deadlines.
- Previous Production experience in a creative industry/environment.
- Experience with project status and risk reporting including high-level project reporting.
- You like and play games. Specifically games with strong loops, events, etc.
Nice to Have’s
- You have experience with Amplitude, SQL, Shortcut (or other task managers), and Notion.
- Working in the mobile gaming industry.
- Interest in free-to-play games with active Live Ops.
- Meaningful equity in an extremely fast-growing startup.
- Equipment allowance so you can chose whatever you need to work comfortably.
- Company-sponsored medical and dental insurance.
- Unlimited Vacation policy. We know how important taking time off is and we encourage it. Our team takes about 20 days off on average every year.
- Education stipend. We deeply believe in learning and self-improvement. We've set aside a budget for every employee to learn additional skills and grow.
- Monthly Fitness Allowance to stay active and take care of your physical health.
- Working with a diverse team of people in over 15 countries.
- You have a voice! We love hearing ideas and want to embrace you for them.
- Extremely low turnover environment. Over 20% of our team has been here for over 3 years!
- Coworking space stipend in whichever location you want.
- Monthly team building budget to get to know your team.
- Team retreats to meet face-to-face and deepen connection.
- Bring your pet to work everyday! We love seeing your furry loved ones.
- A Highrise Admin badge for your avatar.
As a fully remote company, we strive to have an equitable compensation philosophy that allows us to take good care of our people, no matter where they are in the world. At the moment, our philosophy is composed of multiple factors such as market pay, location, performance, and other rewards. Our compensation philosophy is meant to support our organization’s strategic plan and operating objectives — as we continue to grow as a company, so will our approach to compensation.
The salary range for this role is 80-120k USD in US and Canada. Salary will be adjusted based on your location.
What its Really Like to Work Here
We are a global team of nearly 100 people right now and rapidly growing. We feel a sense of ownership over our work and take great pride in what we do. We are not afraid to make, and most importantly, admit our mistakes — that allows us to show up authentically and build relationships of trust across the board. We are the scrappy kind, so we try to do more with less, and we love that! If you were to ask our team to describe our culture, they would probably say we are a passionate group of peeps trying to impact the next revolution of the internet.
Dream big, then make it real.
Be an owner, make a difference.
Build with humility.
Fast is better than slow.
Keep it scrappy.
Always be learning.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Read more about our values here