Live Ops Director – Permanent
13 days ago
At PlayStation London Studio, we are on a mission to make award-winning, landmark games. Innovation is always at the heart of what we do, and our upcoming PlayStation 5 multiplayer title strives to push more boundaries. The focus for our brand-new console IP is to continue growing our team to work on our online co-op combat game set in modern fantasy London.
This game is close to our hearts, as we’ve seen this idea grow from a seed with the whole team coming up with the concept from the very beginning. We’re looking for new starters to continue our journey on shaping our plans for this AAA project.
We’re also a part of the PlayStation Studios family, a collective of teams - from Insomniac to Naughty Dog and many more. As such, we have a support system – often knowledge sharing industry advancements so that all our studios, individually create memorable gaming experiences for our audiences.
About the Role
As part of the Studio Leadership Team, we are looking for a Live Operations Director to be the vision holder for our Live Ops strategy and play a critical part in driving the commercial success of our new game. Working collaboratively with multiple teams, you will be responsible for delivering and maintaining an outstanding Live Ops Roadmap for monetization, content releases and new features.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team and develop our live services team – the chance to make an impact is huge!
Scope of Work
- Drive commercial success & engage the players through the full product life cycle.
- Maintain the Live Ops roadmap and guide the live service team to improve all areas of monetization, acquisition, analytics, content, & player community.
- Work closely with the Business, Marketing, Finance, and Development teams to optimise the P&L.
- Working with key collaborators to build up the launch and support the infrastructure for the game, in the areas of Product Management, Community & Customer Care, Insights, and Dev Ops.
- Drive the needs around tools & pipeline to create, implement, and lead live content.
- Conduct and communicate analysis of in-game economy using data insights and strong business sense to set and achieve product KPI's.
- Seek in-depth player insights and develop new content strategies through data- driven analysis.
- Represent the voice and unique needs of our players.
- Work with the Game Director to ensure the game feature set is in line with the business model and target audience.
- Collaborate with the Production Director to validate the game scope with the budget and resources available.
- Share your expertises of gaming trends and insights, especially relating to live service.
- Champion a positive working environment and ensure both the studio and wider business' ethics and values are reflected in how we approach players and the business model.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Analytical, data-driven approach.
- Excellent knowledge of online game economy and data analysis.
- Has a good eye for business and is able to deliver to targets and deadlines.
- Experience of data visualisation tools and methods.
- Demonstrate a “Player-First mentality” and possess in-depth knowledge of the industry and player trends.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to communicate with and empower multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to build positive relationships within the PlayStation Studios and wider Sony network.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We encourage you to bring your best-unaltered self to work. Inclusivity is one of our studio values, which means we embrace different perspectives to fuel our creativity, and we know that our games are stronger for it!
It is important to us that our teams are passionate about diversity and inclusion. They must understand that these words speak to people’s lived experiences that may differ to their own. We encourage our teams to educate themselves and show support and their commitment to DE&I (diversity, equity, and inclusion). As an example, some of our outreach activities include giving talks, mentoring, speaking at schools, running roundtables and much more.
We therefore welcome applications from all groups who are underrepresented in the games industry. We can offer training to upskill our team, so if you don’t feel you meet 100% of the job criteria, we still strongly encourage you to apply and look forward to hearing from you.
Our roles can be flexible in terms of work location in the UK. We will consider the individual’s preference for hybrid, remote or onsite working. We may be able to support remote working from a selection of other countries depending on location and the role you're applying to, so please reach out to see if that could be a possibility. If you wish to relocate to the UK and require sponsorship, we can support you with the visa process.
We have so many benefits, and we felt that if we listed them all out here it might look like we are bragging! What we can say is that we have you covered, from health and wellbeing, to finance and personal development, there is something there for everyone! If you would like to know more head to our benefits and perks page!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.