Live Ops Associate Producer, Call of Duty
16 days ago
Job Title:Live Ops Associate Producer, Call of Duty
Job Title: Associate Producer, Call of Duty
Reporting To: Senior Manager, Production
Department: Production Management Group
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the video game industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, hardworking and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Activision Publishing is currently looking for an Associate Producer to join the Call of Duty franchise. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for producing and launching great games.
As an Associate Producer on Call of Duty you will be responsible for providing support to the production and development teams in a variety of areas related to Live Operations. This entails active involvement through all phases of live ops development including content pre-production and production, and live ops scheduling, implementation, and execution. Specific duties are leading areas including but not limited to release management, QA, first party submissions, localizations, legal clearance, and other similar aspects of production, while also serving as a catch-all for any production tasks that require attention.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with Live Ops team and partners to carry out the Live Ops pipeline and production processes to ensure new seasons, content, and events are delivered to our community smoothly and punctually
- Oversee and support different aspects of Call of Duty live operations including release management, localizations, legal clearance, various product initiatives, and other production related areas
- Work closely with QA and Technical Requirements Groups responsible for the QA process including coordination and communication between developers, production team, QA, and TRG
- Work closely with Developers, QA, and TRG to ensure successful first party submissions and certification
- Provide ongoing risk assessments to production team leadership with respect to weaknesses, bottlenecks, and risks to schedule; help troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Build strong relationships with development teams and other cross-functional groups as part of providing support to them
- Be a secondary point of contact for cross-functional groups including Brand Management, Marketing, PR, etc.
- Manage build schedules, deliveries, and distribution
- Contribute creative feedback to production team leadership to help ensure product is meeting quality and feature goals
- Record meeting notes when needed and translate them into a coherent, organized recap and list of action items
- Understands fundamentals of scoping, scheduling, staffing, budget, and project management
- Able to create scenarios for submission and release; knowledge of First Party timelines and processes
- Ability to prepare waterfall, roadmaps, short-to-medium term schedules and planning
- Identify bottlenecks in the project workflow/schedule
- Identify issues, provide options for resolution of owned areas
- Resourceful, steadfast and committed to delivering results
- Proactive & productive; responds quickly to challenges
- Allocates own tasks and responsibilities to ensure deadlines are met
- Understands how to tailor communication style to the audience (internal/external/developer)
- Earns trust & respect of peers; is viewed as a great teammate
- Good enough isn’t; a passionate advocate for excellence
- Builds strong relationships across the organization
- Can influence without authority
- Maintains high standards despite pressing deadlines
- Effectively balances competing priorities & spends time on what’s most important
The Associate Producer should also demonstrate:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills including organized and focused methods of working and task prioritization
- Ability to self-manage and self-pace
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and development team cultures
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good knowledge of game development methodologies
- Positive attitude and passion for making games; an affinity for FPS
- Commitment to staying current with production methodologies, ideas and processes
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $29.81 - $55.14 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.