Live Ops Analyst
1 month ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The LiveOps team dives deep into data to understand our player needs, holds a relentlessly high bar for Epicʼs service quality, focuses the attention of our business and tech teams on the right priorities, and operates Epicʼs incident management process. When other mechanisms fail, LiveOps is the backstop that ensures that Epic operates in the best interest of our playersʼ experience.
LiveOps plays a key role in mitigating the risks of our fast-paced online operations strategy, minimizing disruption to our customers, and maximizing the value of our product teams. We maintain a singular focus on what our players are experiencing in real time. We take lessons from previous incidents and analyses into consideration and inject them into the planning processes for future work. These insights help us inform new and better tools and processes to continue empowering rapid delivery at an increasingly large scale.
LiveOps works in both reactive and proactive capacities to provide the best possible experience for our players.
What You'll Do
A LiveOps Analyst at Epic Games has a unique, high-impact role with a wide degree of freedom and outsized impact on the course of our business:
- You will be the voice of the customer in a wide variety of contexts across Epicʼs business.
- Youʼll have the opportunity to influence the product teams behind the Epic Game Store, Epic Online Services, and Fortnite to ship great experiences for millions of concurrent players and dozens of studio partners.
- Youʼll have the autonomy to investigate opportunities and to drive operational decisions by combining your intuition with data to understand and improve player experience.
In This Role You Will
- Own and operate Epicʼs company-wide incident management process.
- Plan and manage Fortniteʼs game server infrastructure to optimize player experience, execute unprecedented scale in-game events, and guide technology investments.
- Develop monitoring dashboards, alarms, and measurement strategies to ensure that we capture customer impact, opportunity, and efficiency gains. We work with affected teams to deliver positive changes on behalf of our players.
- Participate in an on-call rotation. You will be expected to have a flexible schedule and work outside of normal business hours
What We're Looking For
- You thrive on ambiguity. You can understand a diverse set of product features and both identify how an issue impacts a single customer, and quantify the business impact. Youʼre capable of identifying larger trends surrounding disparate issues and enable product teams to solve the real underlying issues.
- You are decisive and know how to get stuff done. LiveOps Analysts are often asked to make and own major player-impacting decisions without oversight. Youʼre comfortable with engaging and advising senior leadership on both real-time and strategic decisions. Youʼre successful at managing your own time and output, as well as selecting projects with a calculated long-term positive effect on Epicʼs business and player experience.
- You have a strong technical basis and know how to learn new things. Strong analysis and problem solving skills are essential to do this role successfully (we live in Grafana, Tableau, and similar tools). The ability to comfortably write queries in SQL is essential. Experience with AWS and other cloud infrastructure tools will make you comfortable in this role and the ability to script and automate actions in languages like Python, Ruby, or Go is a bonus.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.