Live Operations Manager (Far Cry 6)
4 days ago
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Ubisoft Toronto Inc.
224 Wallace Avenue. M6H 1V7
Location of position: Toronto, Ontario
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning Ubisoft brands including Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For Honor™ and Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, a new technology that seamlessly blends physical and digital gameplay. In 2020, Ubisoft Toronto led the development of the newest game in the Watch Dogs franchise – Watch Dogs: Legion. This is the studio's most ambitious and initiative project to date. Ubisoft Toronto received praise for its tech and design work, for creating the first game in which you can play as anyone in an open world, and for its rich and detailed rendition of future London. Now in 2021, Ubisoft Toronto is on the verge of shipping Far Cry 6, the most ambitious Far Cry game to date, featuring the talented Giancarlo Esposito. We’re also kicking off new projects and we can’t wait to share more details once we’re ready.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling industry-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where teams embrace innovative ideas and share knowledge with a genuine collaborative spirit.
Type of Position: Permanent, full-time.
On being a Live Operations Manager at Ubisoft Toronto
As the Live Operations Manager, you will oversee and coordinate the live operations of the project and ensure the attainment of the objectives set by the Live Producer.
The daily life of a Live Operations Manager at Ubisoft Toronto
- Support and ensure the effective coordination of the operations and technical teams;
- Support and coordinate pre-launch operations activities (beta coordination);
- Take part in developing the launch plan and coordinate execution;
- Effectively communicate with teams so that they are informed of ongoing projects (advancement and direction);
- Help define the scope of the project and deliverables by estimating the impact in terms of workload and resources;
- Implement problem-solving processes with internal partners (GNS, TG, development teams, etc.);
- Ensure that priorities are managed and respected according to the plan set out with the Live Producer;
- Ensure that teams have the technical support required to work effectively (in collaboration with internal partners: GNS, TG, etc.);
- Report on the advancement of the deliverables (planned versus actual) to the team and Live Producer;
- Ensure clear communications and effective coordination with internal and external service providers (SFO, online services, etc.).
Human Resources Management
- Mobilize the team by regularly assessing team morale, determine the cause(s) of any issues and implement relevant solutions;
- Coach team members in their work to foster their development in their current position or view of their career perspectives;
- Carry out and validate performance assessments and set team objectives;
- Determine and manage poorly performing team members and interpersonal conflicts;
- Help set out development activities (training, COOP. etc.) for team members;
- Approve timesheets and manage team members’ absences and vacation time;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What it takes to make it
- Degree in administration or equivalent training;
- 5+ years’ experience in team coordination/management;
- Experience with release management on game consoles;
- Online game development experience an asset.
Nice to have
- Extensive technical knowledge of deployment tools and databases;
- Project management skills;
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite;
- Ability to manage stress and change;
- Ability to manage time and priorities;
- Resourcefulness in problem-solving;
- Ability to adapt to different types of personalities;
- Courageous management;
- Good sense of judgment;
- Listening skills;
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills;
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Benefits Package:
o Disability Insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Extended medical insurance
o (Optional) RRSP contribution
o Relocation Assistance
o Bonus (If Applicable)
Why Ubisoft Toronto?
At Ubisoft Toronto, we look for people who are excited to create the future of games in one of the most diverse cities in the world. We believe that embracing our individuality helps us build stronger creative teams and develop better games for all players.
When you’re a member of our team, your professional development is a priority. Ubisoft Toronto conducts annual performance reviews and salary increases to help you further your career and grow with our studio. We also offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, industry education support, training, and career development.
We host regular team celebrations, organize events for employees and their families, and offer various health and wellness initiatives including yoga, on-site occupational therapy, flexible work hours, and continuing programs to promote a balanced life. Join us and see for yourself why Ubisoft is rated one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People multiple years running!
At Ubisoft Toronto, we believe diversity is our studio’s biggest strength. We’re committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community and is inclusive and respectful of the individuality of our team.
We know that skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
We encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, neurodivergent people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
If this sounds like your kind of studio, what are you waiting for?
Ubisoft Toronto is committed to providing accommodations for accessibility upon request .
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.