Live Operations Director
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
15 days ago
Do you believe in delighting and creatively engaging players throughout the product lifecycle?
Are you a strong communicator with an analytical mindset who embraces a ‘player-first’ approach?
If so, our Live Operations Director role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play. Our offices are located at 500 - 285 West 5 th Ave, Vancouver, BC, V5Y 1J3.
Please reach out to us if you are an experienced, collaborative, and energetic Live-Ops Director who is committed to quality and deeply familiar with the art of game development, our industry, the AAA environment and the ever-changing world of Live-Ops. We are looking for a proven veteran with the experience and leadership skills to grow, motivate, and manage a world-class team.
You will be a driving force to strengthen player engagement, maintaining a clear team vision with constant communication throughout the organization.
This is a full-time permanent position requiring English language proficiency.
As a Live-Ops Director, you will…
- Manage and design content, campaigns and features that maximize acquisition, retention and monetization throughout the product life cycle
- Conduct and communicate in-depth analysis of in-game economy using data insights and strong business acumen to set and achieve KPIs
- Seek in-depth player insights and develop new content strategies through data- driven analysis
- Involve and empower Producers, Designers, Artists, Marketers and external stakeholders daily
- Represent the voice and unique needs of our players
- Develop and implement game health review cycles that carefully consider internal and external feedback as well as key product metrics to continually improve the product
- Regularly share your expert understanding of gaming trends and insights
- Work directly with our tools to create, implement, and manage live content
You are a great fit if you have…
- Designed and managed live content, campaigns and features that maximized acquisition, engagement and monetization throughout at least one full AAA game cycle
- A Player-First mentality that constantly strives to improve the player experience
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data driven product design and decision making
- Proven ability to interpret relevant trends using data insights to impact KPIs
- Exemplary communication and writing skills, with experience presenting to a wide variety of stakeholders
- 5 years of relevant games industry experience
- A college degree (preferably)
It’s a bonus if you have…
- A passion for PC Strategy games
- Familiar with Relic games such as Company of Heroes and Dawn of War
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to work on projects we’re proud of and we work hard to be the best at what we do. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other’s great work. Relicans organize movie nights, game tournaments, life drawing, community and charity events, and more. Basically, we believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local discounts to gyms and restaurants in the area, and regular studio and community events. For designated roles, relocation and immigration assistance may be available.
You will also become part of the SEGA family (in addition to Relic, this includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Hardlight Studio, and Amplitude Studios), which gives us access to the resources to enable us to build on our legacy of innovation.
For further information please contact:
Address: 500 – 285 West 5th Ave, Vancouver, BC, V5Y 1J3.