Live Broadcast Intern
Los Angeles, California, United States
1 day ago
The LCS Live Broadcast team brings Professional League of Legends in North America to its fans. The Live Broadcast team consists of casters, producers, editors, graphics producers and others who are trusted with the content generation and storytelling of the LCS Teams and its pro players. The Live Broadcast team strives to build and serve an audience, drive fandom, and integrate sponsors and partners strategically into our shows. We work closely with LCS League Management team to put LCS in front of millions of fans each weekend, and provides all the pieces for a successful and engaging show.
As a Live Broadcast Intern, you will help create and deliver our broadcast to our many fans of LCS. You will work closely with the LCS Casters and Producers, building our show on a weekly cadence through story meetings to live broadcast helping deliver our Summer Split 2021. You will learn varying aspects of production, from video, to graphics, to audio, editing, observing, writing and editorial prioritization. Project work and deliverables will be tailored to the intern’s specific interest and goals, but there is never a lack of ambitious and exciting work to assist with.
- Shadow and learn all aspects of live broadcasting
- Write LCS and Academy Broadcasts
- Participate in story meetings
- Assign video elements for broadcast
- Select Music Tracks for Broadcast
- Coordinate with Observing Team for Replay Footage
- Learn Viz and Ventuz Workflows for Graphics
- Communicate with On Air team during Live Broadcast
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Santa Monica Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Able to work flexible hours to accommodate broadcast schedule
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Interest in Esports Live Production
- Strong knowledge of League of Legends Gameplay
- Strong knowledge of LCS Teams and Players
- Strong teamwork skills
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. You can expect subsidized meals and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close October 31st 11:59pm PT
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).