This job might no longer be available.
Linux Systems Administrator (Online/DevOps)
1 year ago
Ubisoft is seeking an experienced Online Linux Administrator to join our Global Network Services (GNS) team. The GNS team is composed of Network professionals, Systems Administrators specialized in Microsoft, Linux products, and Network Architects. They apply their expertise to service Ubisoft game development to support business activities in North America, Europe and Asia with the highest degree of quality.
At Ubisoft, we offer you the opportunity for limitless growth and expansion. With a unique grass-roots company culture, Ubisoft offers you the freedom to deliver quality solutions to interesting problems. The GNS team is looking for an Online Linux Administrator who wants to join a worldwide team of like-minded professionals who know how to work hard and have fun at the same time.
The candidate should be a dynamic problem solver who can commit to resolve problems with impeccable service to our users. The candidate must be able to manage a range of projects while ensuring daily tasks are completed.
The selected Online Linux Administrator will ensure proper functioning of various Linux servers and tools. Additionally, the qualified candidate will work with a range of network and telecommunications tools, develop automation scripts, and participate in the development and implementation of Ubisoft’s systems and network projects.
- Responsible for the proper daily operations of the Linux systems under his responsibility, such as apache, nginx, mysql, mongodb, tomcat.
- Install, maintain and upgrade Linux server hardware and software;
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Advanced troubleshooting of emergency situations on the network, must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as required;
- Perform system & application patching and upgrade of equipment firmware;
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures related to the Linux platform;
- Participate to the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
- Answer user’s query and service requests;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
A Baccalaureate Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
3-5 years of experience in Linux systems administration in a 300+ servers environment.
- Skill in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations
- Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance
- Honesty, integrity and confidentiality must be maintained at all times
- Be a team player
- Have good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Bilingualism (French-English; oral and written)
- Expertise in Linux operating systems;
- Excellent knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Chef.
- Good knowledge of Internet technologies and concepts such as DNS, routing protocols, TCP and UDP and higher level protocols such as HTTP, SMTP and FTP is important
- General knowledge of Cisco network equipment, routers and switches, and Cisco / Brocade FC switch
- General knowledge of network data storage technologies (FC switching architecture)
- General knowledge of Vmware technologies.
- Good knowledge of apache and nginx
- Working knowledge of Tomcat
- RHCE Certification is an asset
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.