Linux System Engineer
10 days ago
With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. We are now looking for a Linux System Engineer to join our growing teams.
- Manage Linux environments: Handling Linux environments, administration, troubleshooting and performance monitoring
- Installing and deploying servers using infrastructure automation tools
- Manage and administer the global infrastructure
- Manage and maintain monitoring to ensure uptime
- Maintaining documentation and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Linux based operating systems (RHEL/CentOS/Debian)
- Experience with infrastructure automation(Ansible, puppet, terraform)
- Experience with version control systems(Perforce, Git)
- Good knowledge of Apache, Nginx, Mysql
- Experience managing a virtualized infrastructure such as VMWare or Hyper-V.
- Scripting knowledge of Bash, Python, or other similar languages.
- Good knowledge of with cloud based solutions like AWS or Azure
- Good knowledge of storage solutions (DAS, NAS,SAN)
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
Nice to haves
- Experience with data center environments
- Experience with Perforce
- Experience administering Dell server hardware
- Experience with backup software (Commvault., Veeam, Netbackup)
- Experience with monitoring software (Solarwinds, Zabbix, NewRelic)
What we offer:
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- An international team of over 400 employees spread across 6 studios around the world, each of which have their own unique qualities, and maintain a small-studio feel
- An open, collaborative environment where ideas are welcome and encouraged
- A managerial team consisting of highly experienced game developers at the top of their fields
- Sharing hobbies and passions with likeminded colleagues
- Inclusive environment with many activities organized by the studios or the employees
- Commitment to making the best game possible for the fans, including listening to community feedback