Linux System Administrator - WebOps (F/H/NB)
9 days ago
The position is located in our international HQ in Saint-Mandé, with Ubisoft IT department, and specifically in “Information Technology” team, which maintain applications that allow our studios to develop our video games.
Inside this department of 15 people, you will be part of a team of 5 linux SysAdmin and be responsible of the health and operations of our Linux servers, with focus on web operational activities, proactive capacity management and event monitoring.
You will also contribute to the execution of various projects and will act as a second level support for the Linux systems under his responsibility
Your responsibilities will be as below:
- Responsible for the proper daily operations of the Linux systems under his responsibility, mainly related to Online Web server farms;
- Install, maintain and upgrade Linux server hardware and software;
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Participate to the backups and restoration of Linux systems;
- Advanced troubleshooting of emergency situations on the network, must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as required;
- Perform system & application patching and upgrade of equipment firmware;
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures related to the Linux platform;
- Participate to the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
- Answer user’s query and service requests;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- A 1st significative experience in Linux systems administration in a 300+ servers environment;
- Good knowledge of at least one of the following scripting languages: Bash, Ruby, Python;
- Good knowledge of CFEngine, Chef and/or SaltStack;
- Good knowledge of Nginx, Apache, HaProxy, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Logstash, MySQL, Squid, Redis, MongoDB;
- Good knowledge of Internet technologies and concepts such as DNS, routing protocols, TCP and UDP and higher level protocols such as HTTP, SMTP and FTP is important;
- General knowledge of Fortigate/Cisco network equipment, routers and switches, and Cisco / Brocade FC switch;
- Good knowledge of SAN, NAS fundamentals;
- Good English Skills;
- NoSQL database experience is a preferential skill;
- Knowledge of AWS is a preferential skill.
- Skill in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations;
- Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance;
- Honesty, integrity and confidentiality must be maintained at all times;
- Be a team player;
- Have good interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced changing environment;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
Ubisoft adapt itself to COVID-19 period. Every recruitment interview is conduct through visio conference to protect your health and the one of our team.
- [30 min; remote] - Phonescreen with one Talent Acquisition Specialist
- [60 min; remote] - Interview with the hiring manager and one Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Technical test
- [60 min; remote] – Interview with your department responsible
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.