Linux Platform Systems Engineer (Open To Remote)
16 days ago
Job Title:Linux Platform Systems Engineer (Open To Remote)
The Platform Systems Engineer works with the systems and network staff involved in the implementation, migration, and maintenance of systems solutions across the global enterprise. He/she requires experience designing, implementing, and supporting mid-to-Enterprise level systems solutions. He /she will routinely participate as a leader/member in local/global projects and assist and contribute to establishing policies, procedures, and standards across the IT organization. The position will require input to improve the team's overall management of systems globally. This position requires participation and contribution to various global initiatives such as automation, virtualization, file services, and Linux/Windows systems. He / She will participate in 24 X 7 On-Call support rotation.
- Responsible for day-to-day management and maintenance of various versions of Linux environment (OEL / RHEL)
- Setup, configure and support NFS, ISCSI, and CIFS shares (NetApp, ZFS, Pure)
- Support and maintenance of various VMware Products, Oracle PCA, and hardware
- Implementation and design of Cloud computing architecture focusing on GCP
- Provide platform support to different types of Oracle Enterprise applications
- Perform operations relating to Disaster recovery / Patching / Back-up / Business continuity
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Set up and support configuration management tools
- Build, configure and secure server environments using standard configurations and automation tools where possible. (Ansible / Puppet/ Version control)
- Adhere to global standards in IT processes (account management, permissions, naming convention, security, etc.)
- Provide documentation on configuration standards, troubleshooting steps, and infrastructure design
- Work in a team environment to come up with best practices and improve existing infrastructure design and new implementations
- Qualifications / Skills
- 5+ years exp. as a Linux and Storage Systems Engineer with a demonstrated ability to play a significant role and successfully manage and complete complex projects
- Ability to work with different IT and Business departments
- Fundamental knowledge of infrastructure technologies, including virtualized environment, storage systems, and cloud architecture
Activision Blizzard, Inc., a member of the S&P 500, is the world’s most successful standalone interactive entertainment company. We delight hundreds of millions of monthly active users around the world through franchises including Activisionʹs Call of Duty®, Destiny and Skylanders®, Blizzardʹs World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, and Heroes of the Storm®, and Kingʹs Candy Crush™, Pet Rescue™, Bubble Witch™ and Farm Heroes™. The company is one of the Fortune ʺ100 Best Companies to Work For®ʺ. Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world, and its games are played in 196 countries. More information about Activision Blizzard and its products and services can be found on the company’s website, www.activisionblizzard.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.