Linux Applications Administrator (DevOps)
Montreal QC ca
7 days ago
Ubisoft IT Production Service is an innovation catalyst, delivering optimized solutions that offer game production teams a variety of options adapted to their reality. Through our close relationship with game productions, we deliver quality solutions that help them work better together.
As a Linux Application Administrator (DevOps), you will be responsible for maintaining the good health of our servers and systems in a environment, focusing mainly n operational activities, proactive capacity management and event monitoring. You will also contribute to the execution of various projects and will act as a second level applicative support for the systems under your responsibility.
You will be responsible for:
- Run the daily operations of systems, such as distributing storage nodes, web and database hosting, as well as other proprietary and open-source software;
- Resolve all incidents and tasks by providing support on tools and applications used by our internal partners, as well as troubleshooting in emergency situations;
- Install and maintain physical/virtual servers and related software;
- Develop the tooling to operate the service;
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality by performing system and application patching, and keeping the operating systems and software up to date;
- Work closely with developer teams to assess their requirements and ensure the platform is designed to be user friendly and operable;
- Coordinate with various internal teams when tasks need to be delegated (ex: firewall configuration);
- Maintain updated documentation regarding installation, configuration, operation and troubleshooting procedures related to systems;
- Participate in defining the standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical designs and standards.
*Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as required (including on-call rotations).
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in systems administration in a 100+ server environment.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent knowledge of Linux operating systems (CentOS 7/8 or related distributions);
- Good knowledge of container orchestration tools (Kubernetes/Docker);
- Good knowledge of internet technologies and concepts such as TCP, UDP and higher-level protocols such as DNS, HTTP;
- Good knowledge of monitoring solutions like Zabbix;
- Good knowledge of configuration management applications (CHEF/Ansible);
- Experience with several programming languages such as Go and Python is an asset;
- Experience with scripting and automation (ex: bash, Terraform, Ansible, Chef) is an asset;
- Experience with programming in Python is an asset;
- Knowledge of MySQL, MSSQL, and PostgreSQL database usage and administration is an asset;
- Experience of CI/CD pipeline and technologies like GitLab CI is an asset;
- Experience working with public cloud (AWS) is an asset;
- Ability to work in a DevOps environment;
- Ability to use your analytical mindset to solve problems when faces with obstacles/changes;
- You are committed, motivated, and show perseverance; You are independent and reliable;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment;
- Bilingual (French/English) is required both orally and written .
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.