Linux Administrator (Distribution)
Shanghai Shanghai cn
14 days ago
Global Network Services Asia Pacific (GNS APAC), the IT Infrastructure group at Ubisoft Shanghai, is in charge of the IT infrastructure of Ubisoft of all Asia-Pacific offices. This job position is to support and maintain the various UNIX/Linux servers and the APAC network of Ubisoft. Moreover, he or she will need to participate to the elaboration and deployment of new projects related to network and systems of Ubisoft.
1. Support and maintain various UNIX/Linux servers and the APAC network of Ubisoft
· Dealing with daily operations of internally developed distribution system, which is designed to support game production within a global collaboration ecosystem;
· Install, maintain and upgrade Linux server hardware and software;
· Monitoring and troubleshooting of network, servers, services, and ensure the availability of these resources;
· Provide server system management functions, including system configuration, monitoring, analysis, auditing, and upgrades;
· Optimize performance of Linux servers;
· Advanced troubleshooting of emergencies on the network, must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as required;
· Make sure company security policies are strictly applied. Implement and supervise computer and network security policies and procedures, monitor for IT resource abuse;
· Maintain documentation regarding network configuration, operating and troubleshooting procedures, and service records relating to network hardware and software;
· Involved in the backup and restore of Linux system;
2. Manage projects
· You must also be able to take unfinished projects and lead them to completion;
· Analyze the company's needs and evaluate vendor recommendations; provide comprehensive design specifications for additions and upgrades to the existing infrastructure;
· Keep updated of the market for operating systems and other products used on the network
The ideal candidate possesses a minimum of 5 years in Linux Systems Administration within a large organization. We are looking for an autonomous, responsible and dynamic person that wants to take part in an ambitious and passionate team. You must possess an excellent team spirit and you have excellent troubleshooting skills. You are devoted to offering an irreproachable service to the users.
1. 5+ years of experience in network and systems administration in a 300+ users environment and 30+ servers
2. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a computer-related field
3. Excellent English (CET-6 or above)
4. RHCE Certification is preferred.
5. At least 3 years' experience in Linux system administration. In-depth knowledge and experience in supporting distribution system or web-based applications in a large organization
Assets (Nice to Have)
1. In-depth knowledge of common telecommunication technologies
2. Excellent knowledge of Internet technologies and concepts such as DNS, routing protocols, TCP and UDP and higher level protocols such as HTTP, SMTP and FTP
3.Knowledge of scripting (Python, Bash, etc.) (asset)
4.Knowledge of Data Storage Technologies (NAS and SAN)
5.Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance. Seen as a person who presents with honesty and integrity and maintains confidentiality at all times
6.Must be a team player and have good inter-personal communication skills, able to communicate effectively with all levels of technology users
7.Experience in IT project management
We have salaries to motivate you, bonuses for your performances, medical services to keep you safe and sound, meal tickets to use them wherever you want and free access to relaxing and fitness room.
But most of all, we guarantee you’ll enjoy our atmosphere and working environment.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs.
Come and join our team of over 1400 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!
About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2018-19 fiscal year Ubisoft generated Net Bookings of €2,029 million.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com