This job might no longer be available.
Line Producer (Contract) - Esports
Los Angeles, California, United States
7 months ago
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a main reason for the dramatic growth of esports. At the core is the Global Esports team, the group responsible for operating the major League of Legends competitive international tournaments, defining global policies for the sport, driving global narratives, and providing services to our 15 different regional leagues. We want to bring joy to billions of fans around the world by fostering a thriving global sport ecosystem. That’s where you come in.
Line Producers at Riot manage the financial management of our shows. As the Line Producer within Global Esports Events, you will manage budgeting and budget tracking for our roadshows, specifically the major international League of Legends competitive events, the Mid-Season Invitational, the Worlds Championship, and the All-Stars event.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Events Production, you will play an important role in our events production management team and serve as the bastion of our budgets, partnering with multiple producers to ensure we allocate resources, make financially informed decisions and provide shows with quality and within budget.
- Oversee the forecasting process for all of our international events, using events strategy and scope together with historical data to determine assumptions and estimations.
- Support our vendor sourcing and selection process, partnering with purchasing and our production partners to negotiate the best possible rates on venues, services, gear, and the show.
- Actualize and finalize projects working with a production accountant, collaborating with all teams within Global Esports to ensure accuracy and tracking of budgets, and with finance to provide context when needed.
- Partner with Riot’s corporate global finance team to determine workflows, set up tracking structures and look for efficiency opportunities in the process.
- Partner with our third-party production company to understand their finance and accounting workflows and determine the best way to integrate them into our model for best tracking and actualizing.
- Work with Riot’s accounts payable to guarantee vendors are paid on time and there is process adherence.
- Work with our regional finance and account payable teams to set up processes and workflows for contracting and paying vendors locally in multiple territories around the globe.
- Find healthy ways to track and actualize together with our global financials, and third-party production company financials. Guide global on how to pay locally.
- Look holistically at all Riot teams outside of Global Events that spend towards event budgets and develop processes of management and tracking for these spends.
- Help create SOWs and processing vendors through our global finance system.
- 8+ years of experience in production.
- 3+ years of experience line producing.
- Hands-on experience as a line producer or senior production manager, with a solid background in project management and production operations.
- Solid financial management skills in a production environment.
- 10+ years of experience in production.
- 5+ years of experience line producing.
- Experience in production accounting, or having been a production accountant.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.