This job might no longer be available.
Lighting/Compositing Artist - Temp
16 days ago
Job Title:Lighting/Compositing Artist - Temp
We pride ourselves in forging amazing worlds and experiences for our players to dive into here at Blizzard. To accomplish these epic goals, we need intelligent, passionate, and creative people with amazing talent. We value a tight-knit team that celebrates artistic passion and pushing the creative bounds. If you dream of pushing your talents to help us create the next awesome Blizzard experience, then this could be the position for you.
The Blizzard Entertainment Animation team is seeking an experienced lighting /compositing artist to jump into working on Blizzard’s imaginative worlds. This is a Temp position. We are looking for someone with the experience and passion to make our shots epic (Both pre-rendered and real time contents). If you are passionate about diving into the creative collaboration that makes up the worlds of Diablo, World of Warcraft (WoW), Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Overwatch, StarCraft, and other interesting projects, come join us.
This is a Temporary position.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Design and implement lighting of characters and environments for shots that meet and enhance the given art direction.
- Maintain the overall look, color balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work.
- Fully understand an “iteration intensive” shot pipeline. Work with FX department for integrating and developing FX.
- You will work closely with Visual FX supervisors, Art Directors, Department Producer, Lighting /Compositing supervisor and Lighting Leads to achieve the final look.
- Ultimately responsible for completing and quality control all lighting and compositing of shots.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the game, TV, feature film or commercial production environment
- Have a strong knowledge of Katana, Nuke, Maya, Linux, Renderman-RIS, Redshift and a decent understanding of modern game engines.
- Easily adapt tonew pipelines and proprietary lighting tools Able to plan and execute complex 3D lighting scenes, including working with layers and passes
- Able to figure out the best approach to take on lighting and compositing challenges and develop the final overall look
- Able to perform all tasks associated with the compositing and lighting process, including 2D tracking, layering of elements, color grading, roto work, projection of elements, and extensive 3D compositing
- Accountable for meeting productivity and quota targets
- Experience in working in a full 3D Animated Pipeline
- Experience in working in a real time Game Engine Pipeline
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
- Link to a portfolio. Provide a demo reel and demo reel description of your work per shot. Demo reel should display a firm artistic understanding of light and composition
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We have worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.