Lighting Artist (m/f/d)
26 days ago
Our mission is to create a revolutionary virtual and augmented reality marketplace for industry and science, integrating the most powerful information available.
realworld one is a technology company that develops state-of-the-art virtual (VR) and augmented reality (AR) software solutions for the life sciences, analytical and diagnostics, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries. Our customers include several major, well-known companies such as Carl Zeiss, Qiagen, Tecan, GEA, KSB and Festo, among many others.
We possess strong scientific and industry expertise and have developed a systematic approach to implementing VR and AR within the areas of training, sales, marketing and service. We are privately funded and are among the largest VR and AR software companies that focus on industry solutions.
As a spin-off of IKA, a leading manufacturer of laboratory and processing equipment, we have cultivated a vibrant company culture with an international team of over 200 employees based in Germany, the US, China and India. We place great value on fostering a creative, performance-driven and employee-centered work environment for everyone – whether your specialty is working with clients, developing cutting-edge technology or crunching numbers!
In order to expand our team in Berlin (Germany), we are now looking for a talented
Lighting Artist (m/f/d)
- Work with project teams and company leadership to attain high quality in-engine lighting solutions
- Execute realistic and natural lighting outcomes that align with art direction and design requirements
- Balance both visual aesthetics with technical in-engine performance in ue4 in terms of materials and lighting treatments
- Awareness of industry standard practices, tools, and workflows
- Aid in creating process documentation from both a visual level as well as a technical level
- Passionate lighting artist with an inspiring portfolio showcasing both professional and personal work
- Minimum 2+ years of industry level lighting experience
- Minimum 1+ year of experience in UE4
- Experience working with baked light solutions(light maps) as well as dynamic lights in UE4
- Knowledge in an industry standard modeling package (Maya, 3DS Max, Blender)
- Hands-on experience with Substance Designer
- Familiarity with and knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR)
- Strong fundamentals of art and design (light, form, shape, structure, silhouette, and general composition)
- Effectively collaborate with environment artists, concept artists, programmers, technical artists, art leadership, and producers
- Self-motivated, ambitious and disciplined
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Ability to multi-task and work well under deadlines
- Excellent communication skills in English. German language is a plus
Our offer to you:
- An opportunity to work for a market-leading, successful tech company with a broad international customer base from multiple fields, including the life sciences and the analytical, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries
- Receive a competitive salary in accordance with your market area
- The experience of creating highly-valuable and innovative technology, while contributing to the long-term growth of a successful tech company
- Profit from an open and modern work environment
- Be a part of a diverse international team with highly-qualified and dedicated colleagues representing over 30 nationalities
- Receive relocation and visa support
Do you want to help revolutionize the virtual world and be a part of one of the most extraordinary tech companies in Germany?
If you do, apply now and join the realworld one team! We look forward to hearing from you!
By submitting your application you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to realworld one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.