20 days ago
Come join Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning development team behind Starfield, The Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Bethesda Game Studios strives to offer its employees a well-balanced home and work life by providing competitive salaries, a generous benefits program, and offices located in some of North America’s best cities.
With a goal of creating a culture as fun and diverse as our games and our players, we welcome applicants with unique skillsets, experience levels and backgrounds. If you are passionate about making a meaningful contribution to some of the most significant games in the industry, we’d love to hear from you!
Your Daily Life at Bethesda Game Studios
As Lighting Artist, you will…
- Create and maintain all elements of lighting including dynamic, static, cinematic, and character setups
- Work with Art and Design to create compelling and dramatic lighting scenarios for gameplay and cinematics
- Maintain a balance between visual quality and performance requirements
- Match the established visual style for the game with lighting execution
- Develop and implement new techniques into the lighting pipeline
- Troubleshoot and solve problems within engine
What Makes You S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
- You have 3+ years of industry experience, focused on lighting
- You possess working knowledge of modern lighting techniques, technical art and performance pipelines
- You are self-motivated and have the ability to work and solve problems with minimal assistance
- You are highly organized with the ability to adhere to production schedules
- You have well-developed communication skills and a strong work ethic
You must submit an online portfolio.
- You are experienced working with Creation Kit (Fallout 4, Skyrim)
- You possess training in traditional art mediums (photography, painting, sculpting, etc.)
- You have experience with lighting using a Physically Based Renderer
- You have experience with compositing render layers (Nuke, Fusion, After Effects)
Lighting Artist - The typical base pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $55,000 - $140,000 per year.
ZeniMax has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets. The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role; the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
At ZeniMax certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, such as merit increases and discretionary bonuses. These awards are allocated based on individual performance and are not guaranteed. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of employment with ZeniMax and the country work location. U.S.-based employees have access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation time, paid sick and mental health time, and several paid holidays, among others.
Applicant Privacy Notice
ZeniMax Media California Applicant Privacy Notice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.