11 days ago
Housemarque is looking for a Lighting Artist
Housemarque is looking for a Lighting Artist with exceptional sensibility for creating impactful visual content for our future adventures. You get to work & collaborate with multiple teams such as Environment Art, Narrative, Level Design and Tech in elevating the visual quality and enhancing the mood of our games.
Lighting Artist’s responsibilities include:
- Creating lighting for Environments according to art direction & provided performance guidelines
- Creating lighting for Cinematics
- Contributing to the development and documentation of lighting tools & pipelines
- Collaborating with multiple teams to solve complex visual challenges
- Providing realistic content delivery estimations using the given production frame
We expect you to have:
- Proven industry record (Games/Films) in photorealistic lighting
- Understanding of lighting fundamentals, color theory & contrast ratios
- Understanding of lighting tech - baked, realtime, GI, exposure, performance
- Experience with Unreal Engine & Blueprints/scripting
- A growth-mindset
- Passionate about video games
- Relevant art education and/or familiarity with classical art
- Experience in cinematography and/or photography
- Experience in shipping a AAA-game
- Experience in Agile-frameworks
Housemarque has a track record of 25+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence. Our latest game Returnal was released for PS5 on April 30th, 2021.
At Housemarque, Game is King. We develop great games that bring happiness and joy to gamers and our fans. We aspire to be a great workplace where people develop professionally and as a person.
- Exciting and ambitious projects executed with the best tools
- 25+ years of experience in video game development
- Brilliant, diverse and empathetic colleagues to work with
- Freedom, flexibility and openness in a collaborative culture
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere at our cozy Helsinki office (you’d mostly be working from home currently)
- Competitive salary, benefits, healthcare, Nordic work-life balance
- Tailored relocation package to help you get settled into Finland
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Helsinki, Finland. You will be most likely working remotely from home in the beginning. Deadline for applications is Wednesday September 29th, 2021.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.