Montreal QC ca
5 months ago
- Work with the artistic director and art leads to develop the visual style and validate the quality of the lighting
- Study the game documentation to understand the experience we want to players.
- Define workflows and create visual benchmarks.
- Be familiar with visual references to respect the project’s artistic direction make suggestions regarding atmosphere and lighting.
- Design lighting systems that will support the visual style and gameplay.
- Verify the quality of the lighting in game and make any necessary changes.
- Correct the lighting bugs entered by testers to eliminate anomalies.
- Maintain a consistent level of quality while respecting artistic and technical constraints.
- Provide feedback on developing lighting pipelines and tools.
- Track and report progress regularly.
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- College degree in video game development or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience designing lighting for games.
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals and design including composition and colour theory.
- Solid technical knowledge of how to create runtime lighting in game engines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Detail oriented.
- Good communication skills and ability to accept criticism and adapt to change.
- High level of creativity, autonomy and initiative.
- Passion for playing and creating video games.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America’s largest independent game developers with close to 550 employees and over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company’s mobile games have reached over 200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead by DaylightTM, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney, Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Microsoft, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, and many more.