Agoura Hills, CA
18 days ago
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Are you a game artist with a cinematic eye and a passion for beautiful lighting? Can you change the tone of a story with the rake of a light, or the sharpness of a shadow? Do you know how to tell a story using color and atmosphere? Love to collaborate, and take pride in your own work? Excited to learn and grow? If all these things describe you, we might have an awesome role for you!
Our Agoura Hills studio is seeking a lighting artist to join our fantastic environment team to light story locations, arenas, and backstage environments for the next installment of the WWE2K franchise. As a Lighting Artist, you touch virtually every environment in the game, from small MyCareer locations to spectacular arenas, from backstage corridors to UI environments. In every situation, you will help us tell the story behind the set, and to deliver the utmost energy, beauty and polish to every scene in the game.
What You Will Do:
- Create high quality realistic lighting for a variety of environments and arenas
- Animate dazzling light shows that are full of visual spectacle and excitement
- Polish and finalize the look of environments using color grading, fog, and other post-process FX
- Optimize and maintain the performance of lighting to stay within technical budgets
- Work with the art director and leads to define a cohesive look for the game
- Estimate work timelines and contribute to team schedules and goals
- Collaborate with other artists and departments throughout the production process
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 2+ years of experience as an Environment or Lighting Artist for console games
- A deep understanding of physically based rendering and real world lighting techniques
- Well versed in Maya, and lighting in real-time game engines
- Strong artistic eye for color, value, and composition
- Strong communication skills and a high attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated (we are a very flat organization!)
- A passion for sports and wrestling
- Experience with photography, photogrammetry, and other scanning techniques
- The ability to create skyboxes and digital matte paintings
- Comfortable modelling and texturing 3d environments to enhance the lighting of your scenes