This job might no longer be available.
Lighting Artist - VR [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf NRW de
6 months ago
Lighting artist is responsible for the creation of the lighting for specific scenes in the project. He / She works with concept and art direction, environment and level design to ensure the game elements are visually cohesive and support the games design, art direction and the technical constraints of the game.
- Make a beautifully lit game including all of the games elements – environment art, characters and other in game assets.
- Deliver efficient updates to the games lighting in accordance with the games aesthetic.
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work.
- Understand best practices, production pipelines and workflows.
- Work closely with the Art Director to achieve the desired lighting and mood required for the game.
- Produces mood boards to assist in the art direction pertinent specifically to lighting
- Looks for and provides reference from all resource platforms to establish and reinforce relevant lighting decision making
- Continually looks for ways to push the limits of the lighting pipeline for better results.
- First and foremost an you are an artist who can take direction towards, and fully understand what looks good and why.
- Experience in lighting games and or film
- Experience working within a photo realistic environment.
- Exposure to industry game engines and production pipelines;
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of lighting, atmospheric effects and subsequent tools.
- Knowledge of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows;
- Knowledge of colour grading and other post process effects;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce);
- Knowledge of workload management software/principles (e.g. Jira);
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Bring your enthusiasm about your craft to the team.
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 Days Paid Vacation Per Year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ Childcare Support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
If you want to grow with us and enjoy the game industry, we look forward to receiving your application including your availability, motivation and salary expectations.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", “Beyond Good & Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
We are now accepting applications for Lighting Artist - VR [Unannounced Project]. We are building a brand-new team to work on an unannounced AAA VR project. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft’s greatest IP’s which will be developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR!