Lighting Artist (Temporary)
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
14 days ago
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to provide outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, motivated through collaboration, culture and craft.
Illuminating the worlds and characters in our games, the EA Create Lighting team is setting new standards in lighting in-game, cinematics and narrative sequences.
We focus on high-end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Our art studios are in Vancouver, Orlando, Guildford, Gothenburg, and Shanghai. Collaborating directly with our game team partners, we share a unified passion for creating outstanding visuals. We are adventurous, creative, courageous and we take chances. We are looking for pioneers who cut new paths.
1. Use lighting to emphasize drama or narrative, and to establish/clarify location, weather, time of day.
2. Respect and follow an established design theme for a sequence or project
3. Refer to relevant production designs and apply visual style faithfully, taking care to maintain continuity throughout the scene and game
4. Ensure that the lighting fits within game performance standards
Required Technical Experience:
1. Degree or Diploma in an art-related subject such as Visual Effects, Computer Animation, Film Production, Photography.
2. Solid Experience using at least one of the industry standard 3D packages, including Maya, Houdini, XSI, 3D Studio Max, and Blender
3. Experience using game engines including Unreal, Unity, Frostbite
4. Knowledge of colour theory, composition, light, and form
5. Proficient at rendering
6. Strong ability to work from reference materials
7. Strong ability to light complex interior and exterior scenes.
8. Experience with film, photography, stage lighting, or architectural lighting
9. Creating shading networks, polygonal modelling, and texture UV is considered an asset
1. You should work well within a team
2. You will provide high-quality work
3. Experience working in games
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that succeeds on creativity and individuality.