This job might no longer be available.
Lighting Artist [Star Wars Project]
4 months ago
Your life at Ubi:
As a Lighting Artist at Ubisoft Bucharest, you will be working together with the team at Massive Entertainment to create a new story-driven open-world video game set in the Star Wars galaxy. Our goal is to create a game and a story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey, which will stay with them for years to come.
The goal with this role is to set the bar for lighting visual quality and drive the visual output of our lighting systems.
Your main mission:
- Responsible for capturing the essence of the visual direction from a lighting perspective and making sure that it translates from concept into game;
- Identify the needs for lighting systems and how to ensure that we can consistently reach the visual targets;
- Take part in setting up pipelines for systemic lighting;
- Responsible for quality, and a stakeholder in the game experience, while accountable for meeting internal and industry benchmarks of design excellence.
The professional value you bring:
- High level of attention to detail with strong problem-solving skills;
- Strong technical skills with procedural systems as well as an artistic eye for color, light and FX;
- Experience working with lighting software;
- Knowledge of Ray Tracing is a plus;
- Worked in at least one industry standard or proprietary engine.
The personal value you bring:
- You are proactive in identifying development needs in our industry;
- You are keen to participate in the development of the junior members of our team;
- You are used to communicating effectively with both technical and non-technical parties;
- You work well in a team environment;
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken.
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. This ambition is very much embedded into our work here, at Ubisoft Romania, where we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on creating worlds that shape the entertainment industry - from Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and other exciting projects, yet to be announced. We are driven by the work we do and inspired by the fun we have while doing it!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we believe that diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun and join us!
At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry. From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.