Lighting Artist (Real Time Environments)
13 days ago
Ascendant Studios is looking for a lighting artist capable of creating emotive and performant lighting scenarios for a realistic title. Our ideal candidate will have had experience working in AAA games or other real-time applications. While this role is focused on environment lighting, some cutscene work may also be required.
This is a full time position. We are all currently working remotely due to Covid-19, but once we return the position may either be based in our office in San Rafael, CA, or remain fully remote.
- Light game environments for gameplay
- Work alongside art directors and tech artists to develop our lighting pipeline.
- Ensure that lighting throughout the game is performant across consoles and PC.
- 3+ years of experience in games as a lighting artist, with a focus on realistic lighting environments and PBR based pipelines.
- Experience working with the team at every stage of the project, from preproduction to release.
- Familiarity with visual effects and shader systems
- Understanding of color grading and other post process effects
- Ability to work independently, problem solve on the fly, and collaborate efficiently across disciplines in a small, fast moving team
Good to Have
- Shipped at least one AAA title on modern consoles.
- Previous experience working with Unreal Engine 4 a huge plus.
- Familiarity with Enlighten or other third party lighting solutions.
- Experience working with outsource partners.