Lighting Artist - Junior & Intern
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
8 days ago
Tangent Animation is the vision of Animation and Film Production industry professionals, with combined experience that encompasses CG Animation, Live Action Film Production, Visual Effects, and Software Development. Tangent Animation employs open source solutions to create high quality animated feature films. What sets us apart from many other studios is our use of Blender, an open source software to make our animated films. We are scouting for the best talent and enthusiastic people who are eager to join our amazing team!
Following our recent success with "Next Gen" (now on Netflix), Tangent Animation is expanding and looking for Junior Lighting Artist and Interns. If you are seeking to be a part of an exciting project and team-based environment, we’d love to hear from you.
- Meet production deadlines and communicate clearly with production management
- Aid the modelling and surfacing departments by creating diagnostic light rigs for asset development
- Work with the Lead Lighting Artist to propagate key lighting setups to child shot files
- Manage rendering of all elements of a shot, including background/mattes, foreground/characters, lens effects and visual effects
- Compositing rendered elements and outputting final frames for review from the art director
- Participate in reviews and offer insight/suggestions for improving art and workflow
- Strong sense of composition, light and color theory
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in animation or visual effects industry for Jr. Lighting Artist
- Interns – no experience required
- Maintain strong balance between artistic and technical skill, with thorough understanding of Animation workflow
- Strong knowledge of 3D software (Blender, Maya, C4D, 3DS Max) and production ready render engines (Cycles, Arnold, Vray)
- Blender experience will be as asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to use positive tone and attitude to diffuse conflict, provide solutions, and cultivate a fun and productive working environment.
Please include portfolios/demo reels and resume with your application.
- Great company culture, with a team that is very technically proficient, highly motivated & excited to work on projects that will change the industry
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Casual dress-code
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.