Lighting Artist - High Moon Studios
Carlsbad California 92011 United States of America
15 days ago
Job Title:Lighting Artist - High Moon Studios
High Moon Studios – Lighting Artist
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company’s history – and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are building a culture of collaboration and seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Lighting Artist to join our team in Carlsbad, California. The lighting team are the gatekeepers of mood, visual storytelling, and are one of the primary drivers of player emotion. As a Lighting Artist you'll work closely with our art and creative directors to evoke player emotion and drive what’s most important to us: Gameplay. In this role, you will be an integral, and critical member of our small but agile team. As our newest teammate, you will work side by side with our Lighting Leads. Together, you will help execute some of the most awe-inspiring landscapes in video games. You and our team will be accomplishing this by having routine 1:1s, weekly team meetings, you will have an in-depth training period, and open dialog / high communication with adjacent teams. We move fast, and in-order to join our ranks, please see the below criteria.
- Responsible for creating game-play and in-game cinematic lighting based on direction from the Art Director.
- Ensure that lighting assets meet runtime and disk budgeting requirements.
- Anticipate, identify, and report any potential production problems and communicate those to the Lead.
- Work collaboratively with other departments: Character, VFX, and especially Environment Art.
- Stay current with industry lighting techniques.
- Work with Rendering engineers to push our engine further.
- Creation of the sky dome and cloud assets.
- 3-5 years of experience in a Lighting role (or equivalent portfolio).
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya and Photoshop or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of physically based lighting.
- Strong understanding of advanced lighting fundamentals.
- Strong sense of lighting theory; color space, exposure, light fixtures, natural light, reflections etc.
- Proven track-record of leading and inspiring teams.
- Understanding of composition and the ability to enhance mood with lighting.
- Effectively use color grading and post effects to enhance the final image.
- Working knowledge of industry standard rendering concepts and processes.
- Experienced with Unreal, Unity, or other proprietary engines.
- Experience with one or more scripting/programming languages.
- Experience with PBR & HDR lighting.
- Knowledge of photography principals and image correction techniques.
- Experience playing Call of Duty or similar First-Person-Shooters.
High Moon Studios
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio developing for the Call of Duty® franchise, with past development on over 15 titles including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare , Bungie’s Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron . We employ more than 100 people in Carlsbad, CA, a seaside city in San Diego County.
Our pride is our people and the experiences we have successfully created for our fans. High Moon's talent is comprised of gifted entertainment and technology professionals responsible for some of the most successful games ever made. We have award-winning developers, published artists and specialists recognized as among the best in their fields. Our studio has a history of using innovative techniques designed to boost productivity and product quality, which in turn enhances our studio's quality of life.
High Moon Studios is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.highmoonstudios.com .
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
High Moon Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.