Lighting Art Intern
17 days ago
Hi-Rez Studios is now accepting qualified Lighting Art Intern applicants for our Summer Internship Program at our studio for Alacrity Arthouse! This role will be a full-time, remote, and paid internship.
This will be a paid, seasonal employee. The deadline to submit all application materials is Feb 28, 2022. Internship selections will be made and announced by April 1, 2022, with the Intern work program starting mid-May, 2022, ending mid-August, 2022 (actual dates to be determined).
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Realm Royale, and Rogue Company as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Lighting Art Interns do at Hi-Rez Studios:
- The lighting art intern is expected to work both independently and with Art Directors and Art Leads on creating in-game lighting effects for AAA games, cinematics and marketing.
- Establish mood, tone and overall aesthetics from scene concepts and initial documentation briefs.
- Work on developing best practices and improvements for the lighting pipeline, and help set a standard and overall approach to the lighting solutions for all Hi-Rez projects.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related as assigned.
- An eye for composition and color and a great understanding of light, shadow.
- Knowledge of game engines such as Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Understanding of color science, PBR and Linear workflows
- Familiar with relevant software such as Photoshop, Nuke, After Effects, or equivalent.
- Must be currently enrolled in (documented as a "Junior" or higher grade level) - or recently graduated from - an accredited college, university, or school of art.
- Currently carrying or graduated with a G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher (and provide documentation).
- At least one professional Letter of Reference from a manager, supervisor, professor, or instructor; outlining how they know you, and why you should be considered for this position.
- Current resume.
- Cover letter.
- Portfolio and/or Website displaying applicable work.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Good communication skills, and a team player.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Utilizing a non-linear node based compositing package we would be able to integrate imagery created in both unreal 3 and unreal 4 together to make a cohesive visual product in the same way traditional Hollywood visual effects integrate cgi animation into filmed footage.