1 month ago
We’re Hutch, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 300 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Hutch is looking for a Licensing Manager to join the team in London.
You should be a commercially astute, resourceful Licensing professional, capable of maintaining and developing strong relationships with internal teams here at Hutch, as well as with global IP’s, brands, talent and other external partners.
Our current games include partnerships with renowned Car manufacturers, Formula 1 and entertainment brands such as WWE and Mattel, amongst others. We continue to seek and develop opportunities with both existing and prospective partners, both in existing and upcoming titles.
- Work closely with Hutch product teams to help identify potential opportunities within future and existing games.
- Identify and establish relationships with a wide range of brand/IP holders.
- Work with the commercial team and external lawyers to negotiate contracts successfully with target partners within agreed parameters.
- Coordinate with the Finance team to support royalty reporting and payment planning.
- Monitor the expiry of any existing license contracts and pursue extensions of contractual terms in order to meet needs of the business.
- Oversee approvals for each project with the respective brand/IP holders to ensure contractual commitments are met.
- Manage the accurate tracking of all contracts and approval submissions for audit purposes.
- Own and develop ongoing and future relationships with brand/IP holders.
- Previous experience working in Licensing, with a proven track record acquiring brand partnerships. Ideally within games or a related Industry.
- Previous experience in maintaining and developing strong relationships with notable brand/IP holders, including car manufacturers, sports and entertainment rights holders, talent and music.
- Experience in contractual negotiations and a good understanding of existing commercial models in the industry.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Experience in Licensing for games, ideally in the Car/Racing genre.
- Interest in games, cars and/or F1!
Life at Hutch
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch, central London with other offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We're an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with:
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 2 days per week
- Excellent salaries
- Private health care
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Free snacks and drinks
- Lots of social events, game launch parties, Friday night drinks and much more
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us - https://www.hutch.io/