Licensing Manager - Softlines
12 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Licensing Manager - Softlines
- Job Summary: The Licensing & Promotions Team is responsible for creating and executing a range of activities, including (but not limited to) Product Licensing, Promotions and Retail/Trade Marketing for Licensed Products to increase the visibility of the Pokémon brand across the globe.
Within this team, this role will be responsible for developing Pokémon licensed products to ensure a strong presence at retail across US & Canada – working alongside the Brand Services and Retail Marketing Team.
In conjunction with growing and managing the Pokémon licensing program, the role is responsible for supporting the Softlines business and is responsible for assisting Senior Manager, Licensing with day-to-day business for designated domestic partnerships. The role will be heavily focused on driving Accessories and Footwear, and building the Preschool softlines business.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Licensee Management: Operate as key contact for designated licensees as related to day-to-day business. Assist licensees with business needs including brand on-boarding, database training and implementation, forms processing, data gathering and reporting, etc.
- New Business: Identify and engage with prospective licensees who support strategic initiatives identified by Senior Manager, Licensing – Softlines.
- Creative Direction – Building on industry expertise and ongoing trend evaluation, partner with Senior Manager, Softlines to develop a POV on the creative direction for Preschool Apparel, Accessories and Footwear. Collaborate with TCPi’s Brand Services team to identify the creative solutions necessary to bring innovative, trend-right products to market.
- Product Development: Partner with Softlines Coordinator to review the product approvals system daily for submissions needing review. Return comments/approvals as appropriate.
- Project Management: Manage project planning, scheduling and inter-department communication, toward ensuring projects are completed and deadlines are met to brand standards and expectations. “Preschool” is a new company initiative that will require particular time and attention.
- Legal: Partner with Softlines Coordinator to manage contract processing and tracking through entire pipeline. Supervise generation, processing and delivery of required legal forms including manufacturer’s agreements and customs letters.
- Financial Planning: Assist with annual budgeting, financial planning and development, and implementation of strategic licensing plans to hit revenue targets, grow the licensing business and generate incremental revenue. Ongoing evaluation of royalty reporting to assess partner performance, confirm compliance with contractual terms and identify new opportunities.
- Event Planning & Tradeshows: Participate and assist with the planning and attendance of annual Licensing Summits, Licensing Show, Toy Fair and other trade shows and events to ensure all events are turn-key.
What you’ll bring
- Education: BS or BA Degree and/or equivalent working experience.
- Experience: 5-7 years minimum related experience, with previous experience in toy licensing, manufacturing or related field a plus.
- Communication Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interact well with workgroups and various personalities; leadership, strategic, and creative thinking skills; and have an entrepreneurial spirit, with positive, can-do attitude; and the ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines with little supervision.
- Project Management Skills: Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational and presentation skills. Must possess a proven ability to multi-task various projects in a fast-paced environment with maximum efficiency. Must be comfortable taking direction, then completing tasks independently and under own initiative by assigned deadline.
- Computer skills: Strong MS Office including excel spreadsheets, and experience with Powerpoint presentations. Must be comfortable with databases, creating and implementing tracking systems and reports, and training licensees as needed.
How you’ll be successful
- Work Excellence: You show concern for quality, accuracy, and completeness of work activities. You plan your work activities in advance to ensure that assignments are completed timely and accurately.
- Service Orientation: You keep internal and external customer(s) in mind at all times. You strive to proactively address customer concerns and needs and to provide consistent customer satisfaction.
- Analytical and Logical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Collaborative and Inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to complete deliverables with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $102,000 - $152,000. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. For this role, new hires generally start between $102,000 – $120,650. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.