Licensing Manager, Consumer Products
13 days ago
Job Title:Licensing Manager, Consumer Products
Are you a whiz at managing multiple projects, different teams of co-workers and processes? Are you able to obsess over details while keeping the big picture in mind? Do you thrive in a high-stakes and fluid work environment that requires creative problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the highest standards? Does the idea of building a consumer products program for some of the most iconic franchises in the video game industry and esports excite you?? Are you the person we're looking for?
Reporting to the Director of Global Consumer Products, with a dotted line to the VP of Consumer Products – Esports, the Licensing Manager will be immersed in the company’s iconic video game franchises, such as Call of Duty, Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Crash Bandicoot, our best-in-class esports leagues, and other Activision Blizzard King franchises.
The Licensing Manager will be responsible for leading assigned product categories by working with licensing partners and esports leagues/teams while simultaneously aligning with game team objectives, Consumer Marketing, Product Marketing, Retail (including ecommerce), Legal and other cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate for this role has Category Licensing experience across several categories, industry experience, go-to market and retail experience (including ecommerce), excellent organizational and time-management skills, a strong sense of commitment to, and personal ownership of, the responsibilities assigned to them, and ability to collaborate creatively and strategically.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage the development, proposing, overseeing and implementation of short and long-term strategies for assigned categories
- Participate and contribute to the strategic planning process. Develop strategies and business plans across properties and retailers
- Independent creation of compelling presentation materials (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel) in support of brand and category management.
- Research & understand competitive landscape. Analyze and understand market trends, consumer and retailer and industry needs.
- Analyze account business performance and develop/drive growth objectives that are aligned with LRP and AOP initiatives
- Collaborate with our internal retail marketing teams to ensure product launches are maximized with high level of retail support
- Fiscal responsibility for assigned categories to include annual budget planning and quarterly revenue forecasting (setting annual AOP targets, obtaining and reviewing quarterly forecasts)
- Manage day-to-day with licensees for the assigned categories, which includes contract negotiation, resolving issues, and promotional/advertising initiatives
- Manage all communications follow-up (day-to-day and periodic) with multiple levels of internal esports league internal stakeholders and teams
- Oversee and ensure timely approvals of licensee’s submissions by collaborate with Licensees to build line plans (ensuring appropriate sku count, price point and brand initiatives are maximized), provide DRM oversight, from conceptual to launch, to ensure Licensee product lines reflect Activision Blizzard King quality and brand/property objectives
- Collaborate across internal teams to align on priorities, ensure quality, brand consistency, and product execution for defined distribution windows
- Minimum of 4 years of licensing experience with contract negotiations and licensee management.
- Understands the brand’s consumer, product and print innovations, drives quality and champions innovation in product development to ensure lines are commercially viable for all territories while meeting retailer needs
- Solid understanding of brand and property positioning in the retail environment
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Proven expertise managing licensees on a day-to-day basis, particularly in apparel, accessories, and experience with hardlines / publishing is a plus.
- Strong understanding of culturally relevant brands and experience in developing fashion brand collaborations
- Mastery of MS Office Programs
- Ability to work and thrive in a globally-oriented environment
- Ability to collaborate and influence cross-functional highly matrixed teams (such as
development, creative, marketing, legal, etc.)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Able to function in a fast-paced Finance and Business Planning driven environment
- Comfortable with “hands-on” management of tasks, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously with aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment with various internal groups
- Solid relationships in the licensing industry
- Experience identifying and pitching best-in-class licensees
- Excellent verbal, written communication and formal presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Passion for video games a plus