3 days ago
Job Title:Licensing Associate
Activision Blizzard King Consumer Products is looking for a Licensing Specialist to support global licensing initiatives. The ideal candidate has brand/product-management and/or licensing experience with excellent organizational and time-management skills, and a strong sense of commitment to and personal ownership of the responsibilities assigned to them. This position will report to a Director, Consumer Products.
- Uphold global strategy in discussions with licensees and potential partners
- Perform initial research and identification of growth opportunities in assigned categories
- Compile and review business terms and licensing contracts with category managers
- Maintain and monitor product-approvals for assigned licensees
- Serve as the primary liaison and manager of day-to-day relationships between Blizzard and assigned licensees.
- Approve and route all assets for product design, planning, and marketing.
- Communicate with satellite Blizzard offices to ensure global representation and support for local merchandise needs.
- Ensure cohesive support for licensed products by working closely with various internal departments such as: marketing, legal, creative development, quality assurance, production, public relations, web, and creative services.
- Review and approve quarterly royalty statements and monitor partner payment compliance
- Request and submit Purchase Orders for the department
- Request and manage process for miscellaneous contracts, including professional services agreements, non-disclosure agreements, content use licenses, etc.
- Communicate status update with Licensing Manager on a weekly basis
- Ship and track packages
- Handle company-wide sales / distribution of licensed goods
- Handle other duties and special projects as assigned
- Passion for playing computer games
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for MMORPGs
- 2+ years of licensing/product-management experience
- Ability to work and thrive in a globally oriented environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment with various internal organizations (such as creative development, marketing, legal, royalty accounting, and international Blizzard teams)
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Intelligence, confidence, discretion, humility, and intellectual curiosity
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience in the game industry
- International business experience