Level designer (F/H/NB)
13 days ago
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and lead designers to bring innovative ideas to all aspects of game design
- Design and implement areas of the game,
- Actively participate and / or lead design-specific discussions regarding design reviews and design issues
- Conceptualize, design, script, direct and create game levels
- Create design documentation based on the direction of the Creative Director and lead designers
- Work closely with the GD & Tech team to ensure the relevance of layouts with existing systems
- Work in close collaboration with the Art team to design balanced, readable environments that serve the player experience
- Validate the playability of the environment with testers, Artists and Gameplay Programmers
- Intervene on transversal missions and be a driving force within the team
- You have a good knowledge in Level Design, ideally on AAA games.
- You have a good ability to illustrate your intentions.
- You are creative, analytical, autonomous and rigorous
- Your level of English is good.
- You are passionate about creating video games and you have a very good video game culture.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
- Phone Interview
- Interview with our internal teams
- Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer. According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAA's and aims to offer the best gaming experiences for our players. Today, our studio counts more than 320 talents from 15 different nationalities and is working on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Rainbow Six, Beyond Good & Evil 2, but also on mobile games, as well as exciting technologies with Harbour team, our Ubisoft's online service group, the Streaming team and with La Forge which seeks to validate the value of technological innovations.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.