Level Up @ BVG - Software Developer
6 days ago
A Little About Us
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are embarking on an adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty
We are on the hunt for a bright and enthusiastic Software Developer to join our team! Reporting to a Team Lead and working alongside the rest of our Technology team, you’ll be responsible for the development of our flagship games (YoWorld and FishWorld). This position is offered 100% remotely. This would be a great opportunity for a fresh graduate or junior level candidate to gain corporate experience in this field and industry! If you’re an aspiring Developer looking to Level Up your career in the Gaming industry - we invite you to apply!
- Ability to write efficient SQL statements and work with MySQL
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to your teammates
- Work with QA to resolve bugs in production
The Must Haves
- Completed Post-Secondary education in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field
- Excellent communication skills - both in verbal and written correspondence
- A passion for games!
The Nice to Haves
- Familiarity or experience with Redis, Memcache, Docker, Ansible
- Familiarity or experience with Agile software development
- A portfolio of games or game-related projects
- F2P game development experience
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited that you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.