Level Up @ BVG - 2D Artist/Animator
6 days ago
A Little About Us
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are embarking on an adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty
We are on the hunt for a bright and enthusiastic 2D Artist/Animator to join our team! Reporting to our Art Leads and working alongside our other talented Artists, you’ll be working on creating game ready assets for development of our flagship games (YoWorld and FishWorld). This position is offered 100% remotely. This would be a great opportunity for a fresh graduate or junior level candidate to gain corporate experience in this field and industry! If you’re an aspiring Artist looking to Level Up your career in the Gaming industry - we invite you to apply!
Please remember to include a link to your portfolio when applying!
- Create compelling in-game art assets including: characters, props, icons, logos, menus, and backgrounds for our games
- Illustrate 2D Vector and Raster based assets using a variety of tools and applications (Adobe CC)
- Create engaging 2D animations within BVG’s style and design guidelines
- Work under the Art Director, Leads, and other Artists to develop unique assets which fit the style established within our respective games
- Take verbal concepts through to final execution of artwork
The Must Haves
- Completed Post-Secondary education in Art, Animation, or a related field
- Academic experience or some corporate Art/Animation experience
- Excellent communication skills - both in verbal and written correspondence
- Familiarity with or experience with Art/Animation software such as Animate CC - Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- The ability to learn new tools/systems quickly
- Basic understanding of the principles of animation and driven to lean more
- Understanding of perspective, composition, character design, colour theory, visual effects, and lighting
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive
- A passion for games!
The Nice to Haves
- Experience with photo-manipulation
- Experience with vector art/animation
- Experience animating in Animate CC
- Experience with Confluence and Jira
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited that you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.