Level (Environment) Artist
8 days ago
- Creating world geometry and composition for levels in Unreal Engine
- Effectively producing playable levels based on Art directors vision and Level design needs with lead cooperation
- Redesigning existing assets to new forms
- Blocking out modules and levels, creating first materials
- Maintaining production and workflow pipelines within given deadlines
- 3+ years of experience in creating world geometry for levels
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Ability to use PBR shaders and normal maps on a daily basis
- Experience creating high quality creative/visual aesthetics as well as technical knowledge
- Being able to adapt fast to a specific art style
- Ability to adapt with guidance and improve, new styles, techniques, and workflows
- Basic understanding of the color theory
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- Shipped-title experience
- Shader setting experience
- Experience with industry-standard software packages for 3D modeling, high poly sculpting, and texture painting (Maya, Max, ZBrush, Photoshop, or their equivalents)
- Experience creating photorealistic set pieces, props, textures, and materials on next-gen console platforms
- Ability to show examples of top-notch props and textures made for next-gen console games
- Making high poly meshes and baking them down on a low poly
- Creating high-quality environment assets and gadgets suitable technically and artistically to project universe
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Thunder - a new project based on one of the IPs from the Group’s portfolio.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.