This job might no longer be available.
13 days ago
We are now looking for a
Level Designer to join our latest project
We have just kicked off a new project with a brand-new IP. As a Level Designer in this project, you’ll create and implement exciting game levels in line with the design and creative intentions to achieve the best player experience. In your daily work you conceptualize, design, script, and build levels such as maps or other layout and gameplay elements. We’re looking for a proactive team member who takes the initiative and loves problem-solving. You’re are handy in using the latest technology and always eager learn new tools. Our groundbreaking project is still at an early stage, so you’ll have a perfect opportunity to share your wisdom and expertise in our collaborative team.
- Design gameplay elements and levels according to the design & creative visions
- Implement game levels autonomously
- Document clear and synthetic design and technical documents
- Generate rules for map creation
- Generate content procedures and propose new tools
- Actively participate in design specific discussions concerning design reviews and design issues
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used in laying out environments
- Work closely with the art team to design environments that are innovative and visually impressive
Our dream candidate
- Has previous game production experience and has good knowledge of game development process and production pipelines
- Has knowledge of game design systems and has previous work experience as a game designer
- Has procedural software experience
- Has strong logical reasoning skills and an analytical mindset
- Fosters teamwork and communicates very well with others
- Is independent and proactive
- Is eager to learn and grow in the gaming industry
- Has fluency in English, spoken and written
- Has the passion for games and game development
We also appreciate
- Experience of operating live games and making changes according to feedback from the players
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on September 20th but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you! And if you are still thinking if to apply or not, explore what Ubisoft RedLynx has to offer.
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
We’re Ubisoft RedLynx, a game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s top cities to live in. We bring console/PC and mobile game development under one roof with an ambitious team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. Along with our popular Trials series, the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer and Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 for Google Stadia, we have developed and published more than 100 games. As one of the biggest and long-standing game studios in Finland, we want to surprise people with the unexpected and create impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. We’re surrounded by 18,000+ enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings tons of benefits, including vast resources and support, plus the opportunity to collaborate on exciting projects with high production value.